Occasional fail to start

RichW

I have an 08 with auto trans. On occasion when I go to start it, it will make one click but fail to start. It may do it twice, but usually when I turn the key all the way off then turn it on again it starts without issue. It happens infrequently and is more of an annoyance than a problem, but I would like to know why and solve it if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

My 07 AT does this on occasion. I just wiggle the shifter and it starts right up. Been doing that for a few years but not consistent enough for me to bother with it

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

BaddestCross

My 07 AT does this on occasion. I just wiggle the shifter and it starts right up. Been doing that for a few years but not consistent enough for me to bother with it

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!
Mine does the same. I just push up on the shifter. I figure it's the park lock on the trans.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I have an 08 with auto trans. On occasion when I go to start it, it will make one click but fail to start. It may do it twice, but usually when I turn the key all the way off then turn it on again it starts without issue. It happens infrequently and is more of an annoyance than a problem, but I would like to know why and solve it if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

Battery terminals are loose.

Dever

My 2010 JKUR will do that once or twice a year. Like you, it happens so infrequently that I've never tried to track it down. Also had one time where the windows refused to go down. Pulled over, restarted, and all was right with the world. So many CPUs on modern autos that gremlins are guaranteed to occasionally surface.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RichW

No doubt about the gremlins! Like others I too either shake the shifter or push it forward and it starts. My thoughts were the neutral safety switch or possibly a dead spot on the starter somehow but not sure how that would happen or even if it's possible. And of course it always starts after shaking the shifter. It's nice to know I'm not completely crazy and other people experience this also.

Top Bottom