07 JKU rough idle, flashing check engine light

Chandler LeSueur

Took it to a shop to get the codes read, they told me it was a bad ignition coil, ibthibk he said Cylinders 3 and 5? If i remember correctly, bought a new coil pack, light is still flashing and still misfiring. Haven't replaced plugs and wires, has 130,723. Have P0300, P0082

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sahara_Maverick

My 07 started going crazy a few months ago. Electrical went nuts suddenly and problems were happening on an irregular basis but pointing to the TIPM. Dealership was useless and blamed me for having lights, winch, etc.
So, I took it to a small electrical shop and they confirmed the TIPM was toast. Changed it and after one month no problems so far. Knock on wood.
I need to see what the new JL is all about. Not worth upgrading my 07 to any other JK. I would rather gut it, change engine for a LS or Hemi and put new electronics.
Same investment but a much better rig than a new JK.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jhubright

My 07 also had a misfire code on cylinder 3 recently. It would come and go frequently. I decided to start with the easy stuff like my plugs and wires before i attacked my coil packs. As I was pulling the spark plug wire boot off the wire came apart in my hand (Looked like dry rot). I replaced all wires and plugs and since then I have had no issues.

Hope this helps!

JKU Arizona

Took it to a shop to get the codes read, they told me it was a bad ignition coil, ibthibk he said Cylinders 3 and 5? If i remember correctly, bought a new coil pack, light is still flashing and still misfiring. Haven't replaced plugs and wires, has 130,723. Have P0300, P0082

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

My had the same issue the ending of last year. I ended up taking it to the dealer after everything i replaced didn't fix the issue (spark plugs and wires, coil pack, all O2 sensors, TIPM, and crank position sensor). It ended up being the computer.

If replacing the wires and plugs doesn't fix the issue might as well just tow it in to the dealer.

Chandler LeSueur

Took it to one shop he said it was my spark plugs and wires and coil pack, wanted $630. Took it to another shop and he actually hooked it up to a laptop and ran live engine data, definitely the ECU. He just ordered the new one, being programmed and flashed from a company in Florida. Should be up and running next week,hopefully. $945 later, but he said this was cheaper than buying one from a dealer for $600, programming and reflashing for $250.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKU Arizona

1501913396662.jpg

Why wouldn't you buy it from the dealer? I think they charge 1hr labor to program it, you would just have to give them your Vin number. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to replace. The attached picture is from a local dealer (in AZ) where I buy my parts from not just a random internet price. If I remember right I paid just a few dollars over 1k to have them replace the PCM and coil pack along with some other wiring touch ups they fixed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chandler LeSueur

View attachment 271283

Why wouldn't you buy it from the dealer? I think they charge 1hr labor to program it, you would just have to give them your Vin number. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to replace. The attached picture is from a local dealer (in AZ) where I buy my parts from not just a random internet price. If I remember right I paid just a few dollars over 1k to have them replace the PCM and coil pack along with some other wiring touch ups they fixed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I didn't it it from a dealership and every time I go in a dealership they do everything but what I've told told them.

Top Bottom