Thread: EVO high clearance long arm mounts with bolt on coilover's

EVO high clearance long arm mounts with bolt on coilover's

Hey guys, I understand the high clearance mounts are designed for the Evo Lever and mounting the rear lowers to the bolt on Rockstar mounts will effectively provide the same poor geometry as short arms. Having said that, I may upgrade to the Evo Lever kit in the future and do not want to pay twice. I read that ORE will install the high mounts with custom coilover mounts that are not available to the general public. I want ORE to do the installation, but would like to see pictures of the mounts to determine if this is something I want to do sooner rather than later. I would assume ORE uses the standard Evo Lever rear axle mounts for correct geometry and the custom mounts are only for the coilover's - correct?

Check Rubicat on this build thread - coilovers and the high clearance kit going in at ORE - just what you're looking for

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...ettin-EVO-d-UP!!

Very good - thank you. Going through the pictures, it was interesting to see the geometry on the rear frame mounts. Not a lot of vertical separation, the lower arms are flat and the upper is angled upward. Not that it matters as long as it works. Just an observation.

I'm curious about how they do they rear lower shock mounts for the bolt on coilovers.
    Idiot with a JK

Quote Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
    I'm curious about how they do they rear lower shock mounts for the bolt on coilovers.
    Check this thread out - lots of different angles

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...t-On-Coilovers

I found this posted from Drew at ORE, they make a custom bracket to work with the COs. Pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by drew@offroadevolution View Post

Idiot with a JK

Thank you for posting those up. Nicely done, but the lower shock bolt looks like a rock magnet. I'm curious how those arms worked from a geometry standpoint with the coilover's. Are those pictures of Rubicat ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure what Jeep the pics Aermotor posted are from but they look similar to the mounts on Rubicat in the link I posted above.
    I hear ya on the rock deal but seems like Eddie ran a shitload of miles with that coilover setup before he went to the DTD setup. If you
    intend to switch to that in the future I think you'll be ok. Those mounts look plenty stout.

Agreed - that would be a stepping stone to the DTD.