EVO high clearance long arm mounts with bolt on coilover's

aTX427

Hey guys, I understand the high clearance mounts are designed for the Evo Lever and mounting the rear lowers to the bolt on Rockstar mounts will effectively provide the same poor geometry as short arms. Having said that, I may upgrade to the Evo Lever kit in the future and do not want to pay twice. I read that ORE will install the high mounts with custom coilover mounts that are not available to the general public. I want ORE to do the installation, but would like to see pictures of the mounts to determine if this is something I want to do sooner rather than later. I would assume ORE uses the standard Evo Lever rear axle mounts for correct geometry and the custom mounts are only for the coilover's - correct?

aTX427

Very good - thank you. Going through the pictures, it was interesting to see the geometry on the rear frame mounts. Not a lot of vertical separation, the lower arms are flat and the upper is angled upward. Not that it matters as long as it works. Just an observation.

aermotor

I found this posted from Drew at ORE, they make a custom bracket to work with the COs. Pretty sweet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

aTX427

Thank you for posting those up. Nicely done, but the lower shock bolt looks like a rock magnet. I'm curious how those arms worked from a geometry standpoint with the coilover's. Are those pictures of Rubicat ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Not sure what Jeep the pics Aermotor posted are from but they look similar to the mounts on Rubicat in the link I posted above.
I hear ya on the rock deal but seems like Eddie ran a shitload of miles with that coilover setup before he went to the DTD setup. If you
intend to switch to that in the future I think you'll be ok. Those mounts look plenty stout.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Wtf

First old thread that popped up. Sorry!
Well wjstudios got me thinking of LA's again over on mericamade's build thread. And I didn't want to derail his build.
So a search for the LA's I'm coming up with this. WTF am I missing something? Am I correct on the part number EVO-1200 High Clearance LA Upgrade? Anybody has any insight on this? I would call but time zones make it difficult. Thanks
ORE
Snap229.jpg
EVO Mfg
Snap230.png

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’m assuming the ORE one includes installation?

Edit: disregard ^^^.. that wouldn’t make sense. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

Seahawkfan

Hooked
This should be the one you want

http://evomfg.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=475

PS: You will NOT be disappointed

Not sure if you guys caught the screenshots one was from ORE $5589.00 Part #EVO-1200 and the other was from EVO Mfg. $3080.00 part #EVO-1200. And you can't purchase through EVO Mfg. When I open the link you sent, you then have to go to the vendor link, click ORE goes to home page. Enter 2011 JKU info, click suspension accessories they come up as $5589.00 EVO-1200 LA's.

Ddays

Hooked
Not sure if you guys caught the screenshots one was from ORE $5589.00 Part #EVO-1200 and the other was from EVO Mfg. $3080.00 part #EVO-1200. And you can't purchase through EVO Mfg. When I open the link you sent, you then have to go to the vendor link, click ORE goes to home page. Enter 2011 JKU info, click suspension accessories they come up as $5589.00 EVO-1200 LA's.

Google EVO-1200 kit. Lots of places come up in the $2800-3000 range

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Google EVO-1200 kit. Lots of places come up in the $2800-3000 range[/QUOTE
Yea that get you to Harley Davidson. But yes I have done all that, just trying to understand the whole price difference for the same part number. Anyway I'm good to go now with Exodus.

MericaMade

First old thread that popped up. Sorry!
Well wjstudios got me thinking of LA's again over on mericamade's build thread. And I didn't want to derail his build.
So a search for the LA's I'm coming up with this. WTF am I missing something? Am I correct on the part number EVO-1200 High Clearance LA Upgrade? Anybody has any insight on this? I would call but time zones make it difficult. Thanks
ORE
View attachment 360785
EVO Mfg
View attachment 360786
Thats odd, and yeah Bill is great at spending others peoples money LOL.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom