Show off your cooler(s)!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What do you use to keep your food and beverages cold for a day out on the trail, backyard BBQ, or just carry everyday for work?

For me I just got a limited edition seafoam yeti tundra 45!
IMG_8016.jpg

For everyday going to school though I usually use just this small soft arctic zone cooler.
Image1501512794.142198.jpg
I'm prob gonna start using the yeti more and leave it strapped in the Jeep once I get tie downs for it

WJCO

Meme King
Good thread idea, Steve.

For backpacking, I have a couple collapsible ones that I use depending on my needs. One is an Ozark Trail and the other is a Coors one from 'WhoKnowsWhere.' The Ozark Trail one is shorter and wider, but the Coors one is taller and narrower. I use whichever one fits better after the rest of my backpack gear is packed.

DSC06634.jpg

DSC06628.jpg

For trails, we use a 16qt Coleman that is fine for one day:

DSC06631.jpg

Multi-day or car camping trips, we have a 50qt Coleman:

DSC06630.jpg

However, now that we bought the fridge, we are forced to use it as much as possible to further convince ourselves that it was a good purchase. I will likely carry it on backpacking trips as well.

DSC06633.jpg

deadguy

Rtic 20 soft for everyday work lunch and I also have a rtic hard for trips.

sent from a guy with a Jeep

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
IMG_3421.jpg

I've been saving this pic for the right moment. This is Ddays admiring the yeti 65... found that this is the perfect size to squeeze on top of the single drop down rear seat in the jku

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

longarmwj

I'm rocking my 45 dollar Walmart Coleman cooler. One day I'll get myself a Yeti but for now if it ain't broke don't fix it :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'll add to this. I have a Pelican 45. It's well made, and I have no doubt it will last a lifetime. I bought it, because it was on sale for $145.00

IMG_9945.jpg

Now, after using it, out west for two weeks, it is a great cooler, although it's freaking heavy, BUT, I used this Coleman Extreme, in Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico, last year. I must say, the Coleman will keep things cold, just as long, and it's much less expensive.

IMG_9946.jpg

My next purchase, for traveling, will be an ARB 50 quart refrigerator.

Andy5160

Hooked
I use basic Igloo for like $40 and damn tempted to get ARB 50 at some point down the road.

And yes great thread idea Steve.

Kyle7R

I love our Yeti Tumbler 65. Though sometimes I wish I had something smaller too. Might add a RTIC or Yeti soft cooler down the road for shorter trips.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

I've got a Yeti 65 and just got the Hopper Two 20 as a gift. I have the RTIC Lunchbox that I use as well.

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

ROBnTANK

Got the new style RTIC 65 when they were released earlier this year. I used it on my latest 5 day road trip, it performed great. I'm not a spokesman for RTIC or YETI, but if you're in the market for one of these coolers which are basically the same, the RTIC is half the price of the YETI. $200.00 seems a lot more appealing than $400.00.

IMG_1718.jpg IMG_1719.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle7R

Got the new style RTIC 65 when they were released earlier this year. I used it on my latest 5 day road trip, it performed great. I'm not a spokesman for RTIC or YETI, but if you're in the market for one of these coolers which are basically the same, the RTIC is half the price of the YETI. $200.00 seems a lot more appealing than $400.00.

View attachment 270782 View attachment 270783

They're all about the same. I would have gone with RTIC if we weren't on a time crunch and the Yetis being so readily available.

ROBnTANK

They're all about the same. I would have gone with RTIC if we weren't on a time crunch and the Yetis being so readily available.

Yes RTIC is usually back ordered on their hard sides coolers. When they released their newly designed coolers I went on the waiting list. It took approx. 1 1/2 to receive mine. But like Jeep parts sometimes you have to wait. Plus saving a few hundred dollars was a plus.

black pearl

Hooked
Someone gave me this 12v/110v freezer/fridge, that we use a lot. It's from the 70s or 80s and works great. IMG_6633.jpg
I just picked up this 156L cooler, igloo max cold. We'll see how it works is a couple weeks. IMG_6632.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Cool thread and some of these coolers look great, but I just don't understand the logic behind spending $400 on a cooler that requires ice instead of buying a fridge for around $700.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Cool thread and some of these coolers look great, but I just don't understand the logic behind spending $400 on a cooler that requires ice instead of buying a fridge for around $700.

Fridges are great for long trips without access to stores. But I think for the average joe, it would take years to spend $300 on ice.

Top Bottom