Where's the oil pressure sensor

luggw1

My 2014 JKU is throwing a P0520 code so it looks like I need to replace the oil pressure sensor. Can anyone give me a feel for where to find it on the engine?

Thanks
Bill Lugg

jeffd

My 2014 JKU is throwing a P0520 code so it looks like I need to replace the oil pressure sensor. Can anyone give me a feel for where to find it on the engine?

Thanks
Bill Lugg

it is on the backside of the oil filter cooler housing and it is a pain to get to.

jeffd

under the oil filter housing it sits in the Vee of the motor. No easy way to get to it.

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Its a common issue, let the dealer do it, it's quite an involved procedure, I think they extended the warranty on that part to 100k.

jeffd

Its a common issue, let the dealer do it, it's quite an involved procedure, I think they extended the warranty on that part to 100k.

I don't think the oil pressure sensor is covered. I might be wrong but I was told sensors are strictly the 36000/3 year warranty. Now if I were doing it myself I would go ahead and change the oil filter cooling housing at the same time as it is cheap and they have had many revisions since 2012.

Top Bottom