4 in rough country lift in my TJ? Yes or no?

Arkk1229

Does anybody know if rough country is any good? Does anyone know any other brands that are good and decent price?

Jranso04

Depends on what you're willing to spend or what your budget is. If you have a higher budget I'd say no but for a quick lift that you'll improve with other parts down the road I'd say you might be good. I've heard good and bad about them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Wouldn't be my first choice. I put the 4 inch on my LJ. It's been some years though.

Broke the track bar bracket. They told me I was the first to accomplish such a thing.

Had a shock just give up on life. Leaked everywhere.

And the squeaking. My God the squeaks. No matter how much I greased.

Oh, and I stripped the joint straight out of the control arm. Drove home with a janky 3 link setup.

To their credit, everything was replaced, pretty much with no questions. They did ask that I send back the tb bracket so they could inspect it.

WJCO

Meme King
Does anybody know if rough country is any good? Does anyone know any other brands that are good and decent price?

We have our own personal 'Jeep Master' here on the forum. And here's what he has to say about this:

Ahh yes, Rough Country.

You see, Rough Country is like an ugly girlfriend. You go out and see all your friends with these top shelf girlfriends, and you feel left out. So you go out, and just pick one up wherever you can find her. It serves its purpose but pretty soon she starts sagging and making funny noises, and honestly you've always been embarrassed to be seen with her anyway, so you order up a top shelf replacement.

Then one night she comes by unannounced and sees the new top shelf kit laying in the garage spread out with her joints all greased up, and things get awkward.

I guess i have an unpopular opinion. I dont have any issues with my 4" Rough Country Lift, I didnt buy their whole short arm kit though I just pieced together my own stuff and used their shocks and springs. Its a lil stiff, but its a TJ so whatever is what it is, I didn't get the nitro charged shocks and i think that makes it ride softer. Im sure my opinion of the quality of ride would be much lower if i were comparing them to evo's or other expensive brands that i refuse to ride in because it will ruin my opinion of my jeep. My butt comparison to BDS though is not too bad, beats the hell out of blown shocks too. For what its worth I was very happy with its performance beating on it in the dunes and soaking up a lot of whoops Still too new to comment on longevity.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I ran A 4" RC back when I had my TJ. Ride was rough, squeaked like crazy, developed DW on a regular basis, and I tore my upper control arm mount off of the frame due to the unreal amount of binding when flexed. If you are set on RC I recommend you at the very least invest in some decent control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mntj91

RC experience

When I picked my jeep up the PO had a RC 4" on it and I could not wait to get rid of it. It was a very unpleasant ride especially with any sort of air in you tires.

Wisco..ZJ

Im currently running Rustys 3.5 springs in the front, factory front on rear, and doschtech shocks all around, and rustys lower front control arms, sofar ive had no issues whats so ever[emoji16]

97 ZJ-
Wisco..ZJ

AZMikeD

You're going to get 100 different opinions, lol. Check out Rock Krawler. I'm running their 3.5" short arm lift on my LJ and couldn't be happier. Their triple rate springs ride great, on and off road. And if you get the entry level kit that i have, its economical too. I've been running it for over a year and so far I've had no issues or complaints. I recently upgraded to 35" tires with this lift.

Good luck!

Sent from my RS988 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
To the OP
I would have to say no to RC. It all depends on what kind of wheeling you want to do. For me if I ever get a TJ or LJ I would save and get Full Traction long arm kit. They make short arm as well. Currie makes quality lifts as well so it might be worth looking into. Also check out 3.5 Rancho lift.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom