Cheap locker

Joshman3280

Hey everyone! So I am back after a long time away. I have been considering a inexpensive locker for the front axle of my XJ I am running the HP 30. I have a friend that has a "spartan" locker and he has a lifted ZJ. He has been running it for about a year now and has 33's and has not had a problem as of yet. I would love to go ARB or Eaton but single income family on flat rate prevents the finer things in life lol! Anyway I know it's a full time locker so the reviews I have read all been pretty good the only real major complaint is, freeway driving is a lot different? Any thoughts? Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you live in an area where it snows, I might recommend against a full time locker. Being that you want something up front, I might recommend something like a TrueTrac instead.

BobNH

My vote is TruTrac as well. Ran them on my TJ, front and rear. Seamless operation. Improved it's snow performance quite a bit, and offroad it was like a goat. In operation that is. Not smell.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Joshman3280

Being that you live in an area where it snows, I might recommend against a full time locker. Being that you want something up front, I might recommend something like a TrueTrac instead.

I will look into it. I would prefer something in the rear axle but I figured there were no inexpensive options. But I will do more research.

SpiderViper

I would recommend an Aussie locker. I ran one in the rear of my 2000 xj daily 6.5 lift and 35's stock gear and axles for over 2 years wheeled it in a few places. Didn't have any problems but you do need to be smart driving in the snow and rain. It will unlock and click around corners. Freeway driving doesn't feel any different. The locker is "torque activated" so if your cornering and you get into it she will chirp the inside tire but nothing you can't drive around. I went with the rear over the front because it is a slightly larger stronger axle. The front with an Aussie you will not notice unless it's in 4wd which is really nice but is a bear to try to turn when in 4wd...

Top Bottom