Running 33x12.50R20 with 20x12 deep lip wheels on stock JKU

VicEspo468

The wheels that I've been wanting to get are Fuel Lethal 20x12 deep lip, however, i have a stock jeep. how bad will it rub and will it look stupid to have that much tire tread showing on a stock jeep? Wheel specs include -44 offset, 4.750 backspacing, and 6.06 lip size. Thanks.

Last edited:

Napalm

I would stay away from this combo. Regardless of offset and rubbing and whatnot, you are going to look like this
IMG_3251.JPG

I wouldn't even call this mall rated.

If your going to go with a 33 inch tire, stick with a 17. You'll have so much more tire to protect your wheels on the trail, and it'll look awesome on your stock Jeep. You might have to trim your fenders though to prevent rub.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I think it all depends on what you are wanting your jeep to look like. I hated the 20s that came with my jeep but the guy I traded with loves them. I prefer 17s because I love the look of the sidewalls and I want to have better traction on the trail. If you like the 20s and are only seeing pavement then go for it, it shouldn't rub on 33s. I wouldn't recommend 35s on stock fenders with no lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I would stay away from this combo. Regardless of offset and rubbing and whatnot, you are going to look like this
View attachment 270891

I wouldn't even call this mall rated.

If your going to go with a 33 inch tire, stick with a 17. You'll have so much more tire to protect your wheels on the trail, and it'll look awesome on your stock Jeep. You might have to trim your fenders though to prevent rub.

He's going to be lucky to look that good. Those are 9 inch wide, he wants 12 wide. Going to look like a low profile roller skate, so this really is a "It's your Jeep, do what you want" kind of thing. The good news is we may get a new pic for the kill it with fire thread. Still, I think most people would find more interest in seeing the results of someone taking a bedazzler to their wife's dildo, than this setup.

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
The wheels that I've been wanting to get are Fuel Lethal 20x12 deep lip, however, i have a stock jeep. how bad will it rub and will it look stupid to have that much tire tread showing on a stock jeep? Wheel specs include -44 offset, 4.750 backspacing, and 6.06 lip size. Thanks.

Not to be a complete ass, but most members on this forum are off-roaders. Many are hard core off-roaders. You're not going to get any love for a street build.

Either way- those will be too wide.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Not to be a complete ass, but most members on this forum are off-roaders. Many are hard core off-roaders*. You're not going to get any love for a street build.

*many think they're hardcore off-roaders. my self included, I don't think I wheel as hard as I think I do.

zimm

Caught the Bug
What I mean is that I actually like gouging beadlock wheels on rocks, and smashing my skid plates. 20x12 fuels wouldn't survive scraping a curb parallel parking.

Last edited:

Benito

Caught the Bug
What I mean is that I actually like gouging headlock wheels on rocks, and smashing my skid plates. 20x12 fuels wouldn't survive scraping a curb parallel parking.

I thought all that was part of wheeling. But I agree, 20x12 wheels not the best choice for a jeep unless your running 37s or bigger.

JeepJeep75

Not to be a complete ass, but most members on this forum are off-roaders. Many are hard core off-roaders. You're not going to get any love for a street build.

Agreed. This is not the forum you are looking for if you're doing a street-build. With wheels like that, you're not going to get much love here. Check the new slices on my Coops. IMG_9837.jpg with wheels like you described, my jeep would look like this: IMG_9836.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
blow_it_up_ugly_americans.gif

*many think they're hardcore off-roaders. my self included, I don't think I wheel as hard as I think I do.

Well said! but, you sure gave it hell last time we wheeled together... I think you wheel harder than you think you wheel thus you must already wheel as hard as, if not harder than you think you do... :thinking:

Last edited:

JFKrubicon

Here is a picture of the fuel mavericks with 35x12.50x18 this off set is -12 it has a lip of 4.25 inches. I bought these rims but It looks like a street or mall crawler. I would not 20" rims on 33" tires I have more pictures of a 33 x 20 I'll see if I can find it IMG_4434.JPG IMG_4425.JPG

Benito

Caught the Bug
blow_it_up_ugly_americans.gif

Well said! but, you sure gave it hell last time we wheeled together... I think you wheel harder than you think you wheel thus you must already wheel as hard as, if not harder than you think you do... :thinking:

I think I'll take that as a compliment! [emoji23]

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I say if your staying on the street go for it. It's your jeep. You won't have any rubbing except for maybe the front airdam. I ran 33s with 4.75 bs stock and they only barely got into the fenders at full stuff. On the street it wasn't a problem at all.

Top Bottom