<wave> Hello From Portland, Oregon

SmileyOr

First Jeep, 2017 JKUR in Gobi will remain stock for a while. No offroading so far in this Jeep. Only some deep potholes on a gravel road that caused it to rock back and forth :crazyeyes:

I used to race motocross as a child and grew up riding dirt bikes and have had a couple 4x4's used to haul bikes or tow a boat. One would get me down to the waterfront to go scuba diving on a trail that really did require 4 wheel drive. Fun times in the past have been in the sand. Now it's time for some trails off to areas I've never been before.

First excursion will be for the 2017 Eclipse heading to Central Oregon. Looking for some routes that avoid paved roads where those other 2 million people will be :shock:

Dever

Welcome from Clackamas! I'm not aware of any non-paved routes from Portland south. We had considered 224/46 down to Detroit, but I suspect thousands of others will try that too and that's still not quite far enough. If you really want to get totality, I'd look at central or even eastern Oregon. Saw someone put together a cannabis tour to eastern Oregon. Apparently we're the only marijuana legal state in the path?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

PT1400

First Jeep, 2017 JKUR in Gobi will remain stock for a while. No offroading so far in this Jeep. Only some deep potholes on a gravel road that caused it to rock back and forth :crazyeyes:

I used to race motocross as a child and grew up riding dirt bikes and have had a couple 4x4's used to haul bikes or tow a boat. One would get me down to the waterfront to go scuba diving on a trail that really did require 4 wheel drive. Fun times in the past have been in the sand. Now it's time for some trails off to areas I've never been before.

First excursion will be for the 2017 Eclipse heading to Central Oregon. Looking for some routes that avoid paved roads where those other 2 million people will be :shock:
SmileyOr, wave from Eugene. What you might be interested in is the link below. I haven't taken any of the routes but this will be right up your alley!

http://www.oohva.org

ditterdame

Welcome... I'm in NW portland. And off road weekendly. Have cabin in mountains and at the beach.. do a lot of hunting..so my jeep is always off the pavement

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom