Pulsating humming sound

Jeeper125

Around 40-50 mph getting a pulsating humming sound from my jk that started a couple days ago. Pulled the front driveshaft and hum is still there. Just had the axles regeared to 4.88 in march. I'm running 35 with 4 inch lift . I'm thinking it could be wheel bearings because they r the stock ones and my car has 63000 on it. Any help is appreciated.....thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Put it on jack stands and have someone else drive it while you try to isolate it with a stethoscope.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Put it on jack stands and have someone else drive it while you try to isolate it with a stethoscope.

Great idea, those stethoscopes work really well. I used it when pin pointing a whining noise coming form serpentine belt area, turned out to be a bad bearing on a tensioner pulley. I would never think of using it in this case..... learning something new everyday [emoji869]

WJCO

Meme King
Great idea, those stethoscopes work really well. I used it when pin pointing a whining noise coming form serpentine belt area, turned out to be a bad bearing on a tensioner pulley. I would never think of using it in this case..... learning something new everyday [emoji869]

Even a spare vacuum hose or fuel hose works for one.

COLOJK

The problem you described sounds exactly like what I have been trying to figure out! Sub'd. I have a pulsing vibration around 50 mph that I didn't have until after my 4.88 gear swap

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Just had my jeep re-geared with 4.88 it's doing the same thing a little humm between 45-55 mph. Having my gears checked Monday
What brand of gears did you use?

jeeeep

Hooked
aftermarket rear drive shaft?

have you checked the condition of the rear drive shaft?

also agree check all the u-joints.

I had a similar issue and found the bolts on the rear DS yoke to DS mating plate were loose on the transfer case side.

Jeeper125

Got an update on the sound..... checked my front two wheel bearings and found quite a bit of play on both sides so going to replace those and see if my noise disappears

JMFK

I had the same issue after getting a 4.5" lift. I assumed that the the pulsating originated form the fact that the front drive shaft was at an improper angel. I've always been told that even with a CV joint you still need to have the proper alignment. When I got a prorock 44 which has more caster then the stock 44 I made some adjustments and for the most part the pulsating went away.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Wow! I just saw this and don't know when that happened.
Beertender, I've had enough bars.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No problem man, I totally get it '],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cxccxx,, that makes perfect sense lol [emoji6]

Welcome to Wayalife btw

Top Bottom