Where in Co

Hock Edition

Iv been over seas for about 9 months now and the wife has been gone about 3 months prior to that for some training (both in Mil) so we want to go on a vacation when i get leave to Colorado and take the jeep up there to do some site seeing and some trails maybe. does anyone know of any nice places to stay in colorado like a resort or loge of any sort.... or even rental cabins up there????

Dixon4x4

Time of Year

There are many nice places to visit in Colorado, it all depends on the time of year, and what you are looking to do when here. Any where from south west Colorado to the Northern Front Range offer many different types of experiences for off-road to skiing. I would recommend figuring out what time of year and then decide on the area to visit, as many of the trails are closed in the winter because of snow.

TooTall

Ouray, Colorado has rental cabins and loads of trails within short driving distance. Anything from 2wd scenic drives to strap in tight that's a really sharp drop off trails. Been going for years. Never gets old.

Hock Edition

i get back in july she gets back in august so prob september... dont know how the weather will be around that time????

TooTall

Pretty much perfect. Occasional rain in the afternoon that could make some trails slippery but shouldn't have any snow problems.

Dixon4x4

Ouray, Colorado has rental cabins and loads of trails within short driving distance. Anything from 2wd scenic drives to strap in tight that's a really sharp drop off trails. Been going for years. Never gets old.

Another great area for that time of year would be Buena Vista. There is also a large assortment of trails for everyone.

TooTall

The alpine loop is one of my favorites. Not really hard but gorgeous drive. Yankee boy is a classic as well in that area.

loadbreak

If u go to ouray co, I have stayed at box canyon lodge which is nice. If looking for a rental house or condo, I go to vrbo.com.

JKBANDIT55

Denver is a great place. Lots of good food, you can catch a rockies game. Shop downtown at the 16th street mall, Visit the aquarium, elitch gardens, denver zoo. And denver is only about 45 min away from some great trails and good fishing in the mountains. Red rocks is about 20 min from denver and very cool to see. Also you can visit the old historic town of Georgetown CO, just 45 min from denver. Offers some great food and some cool trails.

In Idaho springs, 30 min from denver, you can do a tour of some gold mines, river rafting, and ATV tours as well.

The only reason I say denver is because you get the best of both worlds with some city fun and a short drive to the mountains!

Here are some pics right above Georgetown CO. Easy trail but offers some awesome scenery!

93F87C20-96DE-45AD-9DFA-7BAB065C0C43-2491-0000022D7E18A214.jpg

a13449ac.jpg

e6a98fa2.jpg

CerOf

Go to the VRBO website and search for: 427512. We've stayed at this house and the view doesn't get any better. You are in the east side if the mountain from ridgeway/Ouray.

This means it is EaaSY to get to trails, but very secluded and where mainly locals go. Also, some of the best fall color anywhere in CO. Better than Last Dollar Road, IMO.

Top Bottom