2007 Wrangler Unlimited Won't start, but has power... Ignition Actuator Switch?

DanPricePhoto

So my wrangler has power but wouldn't start this morning. It's a manual JKU. I am guessing it's the acuator switch. I found the Dorman video online, but that video was on a TJ not a JKU. I am wondering how to access the ignition lock cylinder release. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JKU Arizona

So my wrangler has power but wouldn't start this morning. It's a manual JKU. I am guessing it's the acuator switch. I found the Dorman video online, but that video was on a TJ not a JKU. I am wondering how to access the ignition lock cylinder release. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What is it doing? does it feel like it wants to start?

DanPricePhoto

What is it doing? does it feel like it wants to start?

No, the power, lights, radio etc... all turn on, but there is no "click" or anything close to it wanting to start. I had some friends push me and I popped the clutch and got it to my garage, so I'm pretty sure it's the ignition switch... Dreading dealing with the steering wheel though...

JKU Arizona

No, the power, lights, radio etc... all turn on, but there is no "click" or anything close to it wanting to start. I had some friends push me and I popped the clutch and got it to my garage, so I'm pretty sure it's the ignition switch... Dreading dealing with the steering wheel though...

I'm not really familiar with push starting it but if you had a bad switch wouldn't that keep you from turning it on? maybe it's a bad starter solenoid? i would start there.

Moochie

I had a similar problem once and it turned out to be a loose (nut) wire connection from the starter solenoid to the starter.

amen

Is it automatic?
If it is then hold the shifter in Park and try to start it.
AMen

Top Bottom