CALAMITY JANE - All Dolled Up with Factory 1974 CJ-5 Renegade Decals

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ever since we first brought home Jane, getting her to look like she would have right off the showroom floor had always been a goal of ours. While we were able to breath some new life into her old iron and even get her painted back to her original Jetset Blue Metallic, she was still missing her iconic make-up and jewelry. To really complete her factory look, she would still need 1974 specific, Jeep CJ-5 Renegade decals on her hood and body and have V8 emblems placed just below the embossed "Jeep" logos on either side of her body. Well, as of today, I'm happy to say that we've finally taken care of that and here are a few shots of what she now looks like all dolled up. :cool:

20170806170750-24038f9e-me.jpg

20170806170758-5617c5df-me.jpg

20170806170753-52ba3b6d-me.jpg

20170806170808-17b9ea5f-me.jpg

20170806170921-45a7a9b3-me.jpg

20170806170826-87c03103-me.jpg

20170806170854-f5437d82-me.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys! Literally took hours to get them on and there were times I wondered if it could be done at all being that the hood is curved and the decals are NOT. But, I took my time and think they came out pretty good. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So cool. What makes it a Renagade? Was there a certain package?

On intermediate CJ-5's, basically ones made between 1972-75, Renegades came with an AMC 304 V8, no tailgate, a spare tire mounted to the back, aluminum mag wheels and stickers like what you see. I should note that the decals had a unique look for each year. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jane looks good with her makeup and jewelry!!! [emoji10]

Thanks! We really think they complete her look well :yup:

Wow! You guys have really done an amazing job bringing Jane back to her original glory! Beautiful work! 🍻

Thank you. She's far from perfect but think she came out pretty good. For us, she came out great :cool:

Absolutely fantastic make over!!!!!

Thank you :)

Wow. Looks great. Those decals really bring it together.

I think they totally changed her look. She went from being a nice CJ-5 to being a badass Renegade :yup:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
On intermediate CJ-5's, basically ones made between 1972-75, Renegades came with an AMC 304 V8, no tailgate, a spare tire mounted to the back, aluminum mag wheels and stickers like what you see. I should note that the decals had a unique look for each year. :yup:

Yea I noticed that. My '73 has a side mounted spare and tailgate and the same 304. God I bet those stickers were a pain to put on!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yea I noticed that. My '73 has a side mounted spare and tailgate and the same 304. God I bet those stickers were a pain to put on!

Yeah, the wrap around rear end that Renegades came with made it so you could mount a spare on the tail but the downside of course is - you have no tailgate.

Oh, and yes, the stickers sucked! I actually had to buy them twice being that I jacked up the first set and at $200, they aren't exactly cheap!

Top Bottom