Dana 44 question

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm in the process of shopping for a Dana 44 for my TJ. Has anyone ever taken a Dana 44 from an XJ and put in under the TJ? I know that I have to reweld the spring perches but it's the right width and it's a little stronger than the tj 44. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

PT1400

Same exact axle but different control arm mounts from what I understand. I did this with mine. Unless yours is about to grenade, be patient and get one from a TJ. This will be for your v8 conversion, right? I'd wait to get one that'll bolt right in.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Same exact axle but different control arm mounts from what I understand. I did this with mine. Unless yours is about to grenade, be patient and get one from a TJ. This will be for your v8 conversion, right? I'd wait to get one that'll bolt right in.
Yeah this is for my V8 swap. It's a price point too. XJ's sell as a whole with that axle for around 400 while TJ dana 44's are close to a grand.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
And also side note, mine drives like it already has grenaded. If you have done this swap for your own maybe you could swing by and give me some pointers if I decide to go this route seeing as your in the area.

PT1400

And also side note, mine drives like it already has grenaded. If you have done this swap for your own maybe you could swing by and give me some pointers if I decide to go this route seeing as your in the area.
I'm supposed to make a run up to Seaside Wednesday afternoon through Friday afternoon. I'll PM you if the schedule sticks.

kingdyj

I heard a lot of guys with Xjs doing that swap from the Grand Cherokees. I was unaware that X J's even came with a Dana 44 at all besides old wagoneers or maybe very old ones... I was assuming he was calling a Grand Cherokee a XJ.

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom