Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Personal experience with Evo Double D long arm lift kit

Quote Originally Posted by CinciRubi17 View Post
    Why shouldn't I truss my axles?

According to Adams website and the guy at my local off-road shop the adams 1310 extreme duty series are rated for 37" tires they also make the Heavy duty 1310 which is for 35" tires. My worry with going to a 1350 is that it'll make the weak spot my transfer case?

Also I was asking about how the kit itself is and how it pairs with my other components

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Not saying it couldn't be the weak spot but I feel your axles or ring and pinion would be weaker than the T-case.

Also thanks a ton to everyone for the helpful information!! Defiantly going with the 5.13's and bilsteins over the rancho due to them being aluminum so they won't rust. I took my jeep to Silver Lake and realized that I want to be able to go fast over bumps and still be able to be in control and feel comfortable so going with a long arm will have a big advantage

Good choice on the long arms. You won't be sorry.

2014 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Also thanks a ton to everyone for the helpful information!! Defiantly going with the 5.13's and bilsteins over the rancho due to them being aluminum so they won't rust. I took my jeep to Silver Lake and realized that I want to be able to go fast over bumps and still be able to be in control and feel comfortable so going with a long arm will have a big advantage

Fast plus bumps = bent stock axle on 37's.

Just as a fyi, if you drive fast it's not an if it happens, it's when, so just plan accordingly.
    '14 JKUR

Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    #1, What? https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...r-EVO-Long-Arm You JUST bumped this thread not 4 months ago?

#2 I have 5.13s in my jeep, 6 speed, 37s? whats the problem? everyone I wheel with that has 4.88s WISHES they had 5.13s... 6 speed AND auto...

OP, I was under the impression you were asking about the Double D kit, not your plans in general.

I have the bilstein 5100s on my jeep , skip the truss, C-gussets are NEEDED. the factory u-joints are 1330s, so a 1310 driveline will be weaker than stock, and a 1350 will be stronger. If you would rather break drivelines than factory axle shafts, stick with 1310 up front, if you want to upgrade your front shafts eventually anyway (37" tire, I assume you do and if you dont, you should reconsider) then go 1350. NO reason to run a 1310 rear driveline, 1350 either way...
    I was unaware that the 1310 were a downsize. But they're heavy duty I guess and Adams says they are good up to 37". I plan on switching my Adams out for 1350s. But the double cardigan is a lot stronger than the cv joint the shafts in my opinion.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar

Personal experience with Evo Double D long arm lift kit

1310 is weaker than factory driveshaft.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Personal experience with Evo Double D long arm lift kit

Why shouldn't I truss my axles?

According to Adams website and the guy at my local off-road shop the adams 1310 extreme duty series are rated for 37" tires they also make the Heavy duty 1310 which is for 35" tires. My worry with going to a 1350 is that it'll make the weak spot my transfer case?

Also I was asking about how the kit itself is and how it pairs with my other components

Going 1310 would decrease your current size.

Edit: Or at least what I have been told. I have minimal experience; however, my plan is 1350.

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...uck-(GRBG-TRK)

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mybadjk View Post
    I was unaware that the 1310 were a downsize. But they're heavy duty I guess and Adams says they are good up to 37". I plan on switching my Adams out for 1350s. But the double cardigan is a lot stronger than the cv joint the shafts in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by gmb425 View Post
    Going 1310 would decrease your current size.

Edit: Or at least what I have been told. I have minimal experience; however, my plan is 1350.

See this...

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/15419-1310-or-1350

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Yep I think that is the thread I remember reading. Thank you.

Long arms will really only help your on road manners. They will not give you any more flex off road. With a 4" lift, if you want the most comfortable ride and have the money, do the DD set up. I have the DD long arms, and the on road driving is incredible. You mentioned you want to run fast over bumps...long arms will help with that, but with 37s and stock axles, shit will bend and break no doubt about it...and truss will not stop that, so don't waste the money. Just know that when you're hitting the dunes or whatever you're doing.

B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Just read it. Makes sense. Currently haven't had any problems. Doesn't mean I won't. Considering I broke a 1350 u joint on a shaft and can see it wouldn't be harder on a drive shaft. I plan on switching to 1350 sometime.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast