Brake light won't turn off..

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Hey guys I know iv asked this before but can't find my original page on it. So my I have no E brake right now and the brake like is on all the time. But my question is how do I go about fixing my e brake and to get this annoying brake light off. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
The 2 could be unrelated. First, make sure brake fluid is full and there are no leaks. Second, check that all rear brake lights are illuminating. Third, have someone pull the handle while you look underneath to make sure the cables are actually actuating. If cables move but you still have no ebrake engagement, adjust the rear shoes. You will have to jack up the rear axle. Then inside your backing plate on each wheel, you can adjust the shoes outward with a flathead screwdriver. With ebrake off, if you spin the wheel by hand, there should be very very slight drag or rubbing sound when they're set properly. Repeat on the other side. If cables aren't moving, try PB blaster, could just be rust.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
The 2 could be unrelated. First, make sure brake fluid is full and there are no leaks. Second, check that all rear brake lights are illuminating. Third, have someone pull the handle while you look underneath to make sure the cables are actually actuating. If cables move but you still have no ebrake engagement, adjust the rear shoes. You will have to jack up the rear axle. Then inside your backing plate on each wheel, you can adjust the shoes outward with a flathead screwdriver. With ebrake off, if you spin the wheel by hand, there should be very very slight drag or rubbing sound when they're set properly. Repeat on the other side. If cables aren't moving, try PB blaster, could just be rust.

Awesome! Thank you so much I will give this a shot!! Great info!

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey guys I know iv asked this before but can't find my original page on it. So my I have no E brake right now and the brake like is on all the time. But my question is how do I go about fixing my e brake and to get this annoying brake light off. Thanks guys!

your brake lights won't turn off? or do you have a light on the dash on?

if it's your brake lights, have you checked your brake light switch on at the brake pedal? easy fix

if it's the brake light symbol on the cluster, then what WJCO said - check your brake fluid level

10abadilla/jk

if it's your brake lights, have you checked your brake light switch on at the brake pedal? easy fix

if it's the brake light symbol on the cluster, then what WJCO said - check your brake fluid level
^^^^^ mine was the break light switch id check that.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug

Brake light on cluster my bad I didn't specify aha thanks brother!

Top Bottom