Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SUPER SMALL AnyTone Smart CB Radio : 11-Meter Conversion Write-Up

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    So pardon my ignorance, and I'm sure others are wondering as well, but what's the difference between a 10m and a 11m outside of the 40 channels? Can you communicate with some of the 40 channels without this mod? Range differences? Different frequencies altogether?
    I was wondering the same thing and did a little googling. Found a "Preppers" group with a good explanation...
    http://beforeitsnews.com/survival/20...o-2514462.html

J

You can pick up a solder sucker (or solder vac as WAL called it) inexpensive on Amazon. In fact, since my old solder iron is 25 years old, I picked up a solder iron and solder sucker together for $13. The brand is Omorc.

Thanks for posting this! I've been struggling with where to mount my CB in the LJ. I currently have it in the center console which i dont like. A CB this small opens up a lot more options.

Sent from my RS988 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 'LJ'

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing Eddie.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2004 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 L, Graphite Metallic, Stock
    Build Thread Here

Doesn't know shit about wheeling Crystaliner's Avatar
    Eddie is there a external waterproof speaker you would recommend that would work with this application.

Thanks...for the write up.

very cool - I've been looking for something smaller than the cobra, I'm getting tired of smacking my head into it the way I have it mounted.

for the price this is worth a try

thanks for posting

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    So whats the actual purpose besides it being tiny? does it transmit on more (questionable legality) power? The size is awesome, and i hated my Cobra 75, so a small functional radio is cool, but seems like a lot of (extremely little) effort / hassle for just a regular CB radio. Been pretty happy with my Midland 1001 as far as clarity and volume, I never really have to talk to anyone more than 2 miles away to test its distance. Worth the switch over to the new style?

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    So whats the actual purpose besides it being tiny? does it transmit on more (questionable legality) power? The size is awesome, and i hated my Cobra 75, so a small functional radio is cool, but seems like a lot of (extremely little) effort / hassle for just a regular CB radio. Been pretty happy with my Midland 1001 as far as clarity and volume, I never really have to talk to anyone more than 2 miles away to test its distance. Worth the switch over to the new style?
    Not if you are happy with your current setup.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Wow, thanks for the great share here E! This is very helpful and I think I will be picking one up soon.
    Random question but what's the model/name of the zip cord device for the mic you have hanging on Rubicat?

Thanks

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Not if you are happy with your current setup.

Cool cool. Thanks for clearing that up. With the hype around the internet I thought it was made of unicorn and had 4x the range.

I might have to check this out, been starting to get tired of the size of the cobra 29. Cant wait to see what you think after you have some more time with it.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast