Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 7,099 Miles, 16 Days -- Towing an R-Pod 178 from Mississippi to California, and back.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warebear View Post
    That's an awesome trip! I love that camper too, probably my top pick when I go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The problem with the 178 is lack of storage for clothing & towels. On this particular R-Pod, the refrigerator wouldn't run on propane, and some of the lights didn't work. A couple of other R-Pod owners we met, have no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Wow - what a hell of a trip! I just now got done reading though it. Real pleasure meeting you and your wife and I'm glad you had a great time

Oh. I made sure to include the fact that I was invited, lol!

Looks like a fun road trip - thanks for sharing all the great pics/details!

Knows a Thing or Two Saharaunlmtd's Avatar
    10mpgs hurts!!! I get 12.5 with the 182g and improper gearing. Still looks like an awesome trip and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saharaunlmtd View Post
    10mpgs hurts!!! I get 12.5 with the 182g and improper gearing. Still looks like an awesome trip and thanks for sharing.

10 or 10.5 average. I can get 12 to 13, depending on speed, wind, and hills, but I also got as little as 8. Over 60 mph, it starts to drop.

Great trip report clay! Glad you had a blast
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Looks like y'all had a great time. Guess since you bought your own camper looks like Mandy is ready to go on another trip

Sent from my QTASUN1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Desert Rose JK's Avatar
    Looks like a great trip, my wife and I have been to a few of those spots and your photos brought back some great memories! Thanks for posting!
    2013 JKUR Billet
    EVO Enforcer w / 2.5 Kings
    PS Brawler mid front bumper
    Fuel Boost wheels, 37" Nitto T/G

Awesome trip. I know you mentioned it already, but you really do see more of America when you're not flying over it. I hate flying, would much rather drive and see things along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    The problem with the 178 is lack of storage for clothing & towels. On this particular R-Pod, the refrigerator wouldn't run on propane, and some of the lights didn't work. A couple of other R-Pod owners we met, have no problems.

While I like the idea of the R-Pod, their quality control is less than desirable. Everyone I know who owns one, has problems. We camped next to quite a few people who had R-Pods while in Colorado. One guy said his fridge didn't work on propane, another said he was having electric problems... etc. If I'm forking out $20,000 on a camper, I want quality lol.
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

7,099 Miles, 16 Days -- Towing an R-Pod 178 from Mississippi to California, and back.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaJeep View Post
    Awesome trip. I know you mentioned it already, but you really do see more of America when you're not flying over it. I hate flying, would much rather drive and see things along the way.

While I like the idea of the R-Pod, their quality control is less than desirable. Everyone I know who owns one, has problems. We camped next to quite a few people who had R-Pods while in Colorado. One guy said his fridge didn't work on propane, another said he was having electric problems... etc. If I'm forking out $20,000 on a camper, I want quality lol.
    Jayco makes one version similar, that is much nicer. We looked at it.
    IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG

Coachmen is owned by Forest River, but the build quality seems better, since I went over mine, with a fine toothed comb. I made sure everything worked, before I left, too. Got it for just over $16K, including tax, etc.

Last edited by notnalc68; 08-14-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast