Slow speed ABS activation

WJIN4LO

I have had some issues come up with ABS activating at slow speed primarily while turning which was not there before having my axle seals and a couple wheel speed sensors changed and today went in to get it fixed for good.

They ended up reprogramming for the correct tire sizes and the different exciter gears (this was never done BTW and I never had issues before) and gave me a full bill of health, but still on my way home turning a corner at slow speed the ABS is kicking in and the issue remains.

Has anyone ran into this issue before and have any tips for narrowing down the actual cause, I am ready to try do some things myself to see if I can track it down.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
What powertrain did the vehicle originally come with? Take a picture of your shifter console area and the rear of the Jeep if you have any badges. Quadradrive vs Quadratrac or QTII. And what new wires are you referring too?

When I swapped my front axle out with a JK axle, the research I did found the WJ and JK have different teeth count on the toner rings, HOWEVER, my ABS never acted up. I just spliced the wires and the module didn't even notice a difference. I didn't have to reprogram anything.

OhNoTheJiggies

not sure with your set up, but just tossing it out there, I thought one of my front sensors was bad, replaced them and still had the same problem as you(slow speed abs, and primarily when turning but occasionally when accelerating straight ahead too). Went ahead and replaced the clock spring because I got three letter that they would reimburse me, didn't did anything. Ended up being a rear, drivers side speed sensor. Hopefully is something sinkhole like that for you too... maybe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJIN4LO

What powertrain did the vehicle originally come with? Take a picture of your shifter console area and the rear of the Jeep if you have any badges. Quadradrive vs Quadratrac or QTII. And what new wires are you referring too?

When I swapped my front axle out with a JK axle, the research I did found the WJ and JK have different teeth count on the toner rings, HOWEVER, my ABS never acted up. I just spliced the wires and the module didn't even notice a difference. I didn't have to reprogram anything.

Quadradrive, need to go outside tomorrow and double check.

Interesting part was it was fine when I first picked it up for weeks and only went funny after getting all this work done so I can assume it is somewhat related.

They did run it around measuring the sensors and adjusted everything so that the 35s and different teeth count (rear 60 and even the front rings were different) and set it all up right.

Will drive it around for a bit more and see if it calms down, it is definitely better than it was but still not ironed out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom