Hello from Oregon

frow

Good Afternoon All. I have been watching all the videos on Facebook and boy I'm I jealous of you all. I am looking to buy a Jeep myself but could use some help. All I see in videos these days are 4 door Jeeps. I am debating between the 2 door and 4 door. I know this has been discussed to death but it is a tough decision to make. I thought the trim level was tough but I have narrowed that down to a Rubicon or a Willy's. If you have any thoughts on that I all ears as well. Back to the 2 door vs. 4 door. It is just me and my wife so not as concerned about space for people. I have a F-150 that is the daily driver so not as concerned about that either. The biggest issue for me is the capabilities off-road. Can anyone give me thoughts on what you have found to be the pros and cons of each? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

black pearl

Hooked
Welcome to WAYALIFE from California [emoji112]

From what I've seen the 4 doors will climb ledges better, due to the longer wheelbase, but don't have a good break over angle. Can be fixed with a lift though. The 2 doors have a better break over angle out the gate. Personally I went with the JKU for the added space.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Welcome to WAL
I got Rubicon unlimited, at the time I wanted the best option out of the box, after joining WAL I am not sure I would do it again.
At the end it all depends on how hard you wheel and what your wallet and I see your wife :) will allow.
For me it is a daily driver and I have two kids so space was a key factor.
Good luck

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Australia [emoji1037]. Get the JKU you won't regret it, the extra wheelbase adds stability on steep climbs and descents and you'll end up lifting it anyway

JeepJeep75

Welcome frow![emoji112] As far as two doors vs four goes, get yourself a four door. They wheel and ride better in every way, except turning of course. My wife and I rented two doors in CO for 9 years. Then we got our own four door and wow! What a difference! The Rubicon's are super nice inside, but like others have said, if you wanna go places like you see in the WAL videos, your gonna be putting a LOT of aftermarket parts on. There's so much shit available to put on these jeeps, it's very difficult to sort through the junk and pick quality parts that will last. Research, research, research, and research some more!!! Most of the people here run with EVO stuff, and for good reason. Good jeep parts don't come cheap. A good deal won't do shit for you when it lets you down on the trail. Good luck with your new addiction!!! [emoji106][emoji112][emoji41]

Top Bottom