P2638 Dtc Jeep goes into limp mode

deezus

Jeep got the the P0369 error code so I replaced both sensors. Just awhile ago i got the P0369 and P2638 Error code. Jeep went into limp mode and traction control light came on, has anyone else had this issue? Ty

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

FYI, just got a call from the dealership, bolt was backed out of a " phaser sensor" and cam phasers were all replaced, under 100k warranty too!

jmayps

FYI, just got a call from the dealership, bolt was backed out of a " phaser sensor" and cam phasers were all replaced, under 100k warranty too!

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but what bolt specifically was backed out? I have the same codes on my 2013, Jeep goes into limp mode, CEL and TC light comes on. Total pain in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but what bolt specifically was backed out? I have the same codes on my 2013, Jeep goes into limp mode, CEL and TC light comes on. Total pain in the ass.

If a phaser bolt backs out, the phaser is on the front of the camshaft requiring valve cover removal. I've seen several phaser bolts back out on various manufacturers. Some can be re-tightened on the outside of the phaser and some require phaser removal and disassembly. Both repairs are a pain in the ass.

IMG_20171214_163211_757.jpg

jmayps

If a phaser bolt backs out, the phaser is on the front of the camshaft requiring valve cover removal. I've seen several phaser bolts back out on various manufacturers. Some can be re-tightened on the outside of the phaser and some require phaser removal and disassembly. Both repairs are a pain in the ass.

View attachment 286112

Thanks for the response, I’ll have a buddy who’s a mechanic take a look at it and see if that’s the issues.

Top Bottom