35" tires on front 30/ rear 44 gearing questions.

garretthaynes

I have a 2015 JKU sport with a aev 2.5 dual sport lift currently on 33" tires. I'm wanting to upgrade to 35" tires in the future. The gearing my jeep came stock is 3.21. Would I need to upgrade the gears and beef up the front axel to accommodate for the bigger tires? If so, how much bigger of a gear ratio would work for the Dana 30? Any other recommendations?

I'm a newbie to everything jeep but slowly learning.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I did 35s with 3.73 on my 3.8 for a while and it was tolerable. The 3.6 is a bit more peppy so I would think should be very similar even with the 3.21. As far as beefing up the front end I would get the C gussets and be done with it. You will find that most on here will tell you not to put any money into gearing or locker for the 30.

Battle Born JK

I ran 3.21 with 35's for a while I have a manual while on the street was no big deal just couldnt crawl worth a damn without riding the clutch then I went to 4.88 far better on the street and off road

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I have 4.88 with an automatic transmission in a 2014 JKU. I'm glad I didn't go 4.56. It runs about 2900 rpm at 70 mph, and gets 14.5 to 16.5 mpg. That's on about 1.5 mpg less than I got with 35's, before re-gearing from 4.10.

Battle Born JK

I was going back and forth between 4.56 and 4.88 and with the advise of some seasoned veterans on this forum I chose 4.88 could not be happier

garretthaynes

I did 35s with 3.73 on my 3.8 for a while and it was tolerable. The 3.6 is a bit more peppy so I would think should be very similar even with the 3.21. As far as beefing up the front end I would get the C gussets and be done with it. You will find that most on here will tell you not to put any money into gearing or locker for the 30.

I was already looking at the EVO C gussets. I wish I had to money to get a front 44, which is the logical thing to do.

Top Bottom