'01 xj with quirks

Jeepie13

My Windows don't always go down (work about 80% of the time) and sometimes when they do go down they won't go back up. Typically can only be controlled on drivers door (98% of the time) but passenger gets control sometimes. Passenger rear window doesn't move at all.

I can't find the old forums I had bookmarked :/

Auto locks don't work, either.

Where is the best place to start to resolve this?

Someone else damaged my jeep and I'm left with the mess :/

Ronnie

Joshman3280

Also check the wires in the rubber door jam sleeve. After years of twisting from open and closing they get brittle and break the wires. This is a common repair for later model vehicles, usually I remove the door panel and kick panel and run all new wires. Just pull back the rubber boot and really look through the strands. If you need wiring diagrams to test powers and grounds I have access to alldata if needed. Looking forward to seeing what the issue is.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepie13

Thank you! Hopefully I get the time to do it this weekend! It seems the rear passenger window not working at all is common.

It has a whole list of quirks but being out air conditioning and only having heat working on the highest setting makes Windows that work important. Haha

Ronnie

Joshman3280

Thank you! Hopefully I get the time to do it this weekend! It seems the rear passenger window not working at all is common.

It has a whole list of quirks but being out air conditioning and only having heat working on the highest setting makes Windows that work important. Haha

Ronnie

I understand that! My 92 has no Ac but the wing windows make it bearable during summer. Honestly if you need help at all PM me, Us XJ owners need to stick together [emoji23].

IgotaWoody39

Tech manuals etc..

Since you obviously know the site better, here's some info I found with great links to xj crowd and some general info for the heads used 84 thru 2001 on the 4.0....maybe you could put them where everyone could have easier access to them as I for one am not very good orcomputer savvy when it comes too Wayalife....back in the thread for " 1998 4.0l " I listed two links, one was for engine builders dot com, here they explain the differences with pics of the heads used on the 4.0 thru the years...the other link is for tech manuals, torque specs, parts numbers, body parts tsb's flow charts etc...

1st ) http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2004/10/not-those-jeeps-again-the-facts-about-4-0l-cylinder-heads/

2nd ) type in word for word XJ Jeeps 1984 - 2001 Reference documents, open first link xjjeeps,,,

Ive been in both, the xjjeeps I downloaded and has a wealth of info....I just replaced the head on my 2001 and wanted to see if i could use a different year & that site cleared it up....thanks...I've talked with you before on braking isuues with my JK....Thks...

Welcome to wayalife. Start by troubleshooting the master window switch.

Scrambler

Since you obviously know the site better, here's some info I found with great links to xj crowd and some general info for the heads used 84 thru 2001 on the 4.0....maybe you could put them where everyone could have easier access to them as I for one am not very good orcomputer savvy when it comes too Wayalife....back in the thread for " 1998 4.0l " I listed two links, one was for engine builders dot com, here they explain the differences with pics of the heads used on the 4.0 thru the years...the other link is for tech manuals, torque specs, parts numbers, body parts tsb's flow charts etc...

1st ) http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2004/10/not-those-jeeps-again-the-facts-about-4-0l-cylinder-heads/

2nd ) type in word for word XJ Jeeps 1984 - 2001 Reference documents, open first link xjjeeps,,,

Ive been in both, the xjjeeps I downloaded and has a wealth of info....I just replaced the head on my 2001 and wanted to see if i could use a different year & that site cleared it up....thanks...I've talked with you before on braking isuues with my JK....Thks...

Are you trying to push traffic to your website? Second thread you have posted this website on...

IgotaWoody39

Nope, but if you click on my name, yu might find ive been on wayalife qite some time, and if yu follow thru the last few posts you might also find ive had discussions with WJCO about earlier postings with him and eddie...but, you know, some folks would rather accuse first b4 doing any honest research ...

Are you trying to push traffic to your website? Second thread you have posted this website on...

longarmwj

Nope, but if you click on my name, yu might find ive been on wayalife qite some time, and if yu follow thru the last few posts you might also find ive had discussions with WJCO about earlier postings with him and eddie...but, you know, some folks would rather accuse first b4 doing any honest research ...

Holy crap the lack of spelling and grammar in that post hurts my brain!!!

To the OP, like others have said, check out the switch panel for the windows. And as mentioned earlier the wires in the door are prone to breaking over the years. It happened on my WJ and on a friends XJ, so it could possibly be that as well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Does it seriously save you that much time to type out yu instead of you? Holy fuck I hate the human race.

Jeepie13

It was. Unfortunately, I no longer have my xj (rip). Insurance declared it total after I was rear ended because the frame was too bent. I didn't have the money to keep it as a toy.

Ronnie

Top Bottom