Rear end clicking

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn't really hear anything. Is the sound only coming through on acceleration or do you hear it on coast/decell too?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Couldn't really hear anything. Is the sound only coming through on acceleration or do you hear it on coast/decell too?

Both. Usually hear it more through coasting when the engine isn't revving. But gets faster when I'm going faster. I plan on taking the wheel off and look at the flange

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Well axle has a leak. Shaft has play inward and outward as well as up and down. Diff was low on fluid. Still makes the same noise.
Can't tell if the flange is bent. Ran out of time.
IMG_3798.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like a bad bearing. Any recent work in this area? I was going to suggest checking run-out with a dial indicator to check the flange, but with a bad bearing, it won't be accurate. Maybe a machine shop could put it in a lathe and check it for you.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a bad bearing. Any recent work in this area? I was going to suggest checking run-out with a dial indicator to check the flange, but with a bad bearing, it won't be accurate. Maybe a machine shop could put it in a lathe and check it for you.

It was replaced last year in July. Bearing, seal and tps was gone. They replaced taps and all the bearing, seal and tone ring. Planning on stopping by and talking to a tech.

jeeeep

Hooked
It was replaced last year in July. Bearing, seal and tps was gone. They replaced taps and all the bearing, seal and tone ring. Planning on stopping by and talking to a tech.

how long they last also depends on what brand of bearing they used- most shops use what ever "repair" bearing offers the most profit.

Top Bottom