Painted the pinch seam

TonyViv

Finally painted the rear pinch seam, waiting on the facia. Really dig it ....... but wondering if I shouldn't have gone so far around under the fender, maybe I should have stopped at the first seam before the flare.
I used VHT satin(touch more shiny than I would like) roll bar paint, seems to have covered good with a scuff and 3 light coats..

pinch.JPG pinch2.JPG

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I did the same but then continued into the flare section and just painted the whole underside.

TonyViv

Should have trimmed that corner while you were at it

Ive seen the front corner cut but not the rear...... is it needed? looks like my tire will clear the rear at full stuff
Now the front corner of the rear wheel well is another story.... haven't cut it off yet not sure what to fill it with after the cut

Tony

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
While I was painting the seam I was thinking about painting that too...... its good to see it already done and I like it.
Are those cut factory flares? I bought my jk with some flats, I have no idea what brand or how to replace the broken one I have..

Tony

Yes they are cut factory flares.

TonyViv

Looks good. Same way ours was done as well. The Evo fascia will really complete it.

Honestly the one thing that bothers me about the evo facia, .... is the laser cut logo... its obviously a great product but im not a big fan of driving around as a billboard

Tony

TonyViv

Yes they are cut factory flares.

The more I look at it the more I like....... pull the rear liners and paint everything including under the flares

What about pulling the front inner fender liners ? I like the look but what about protection??

Tony

USMC Wrangler

The more I look at it the more I like....... pull the rear liners and paint everything including under the flares

What about pulling the front inner fender liners ? I like the look but what about protection??

Tony

My rears are painted just like cozdude's.

I've been without inner liners, front and rear, for about a year now. No trouble on or off road. I added EVO mini liners to clean it up a little.

According to people like Eddie, he's never seen or heard of a need for extra protection with the front liners removed. So far, I've had the same experience.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37901-Evo-Mini-liner

Top Bottom