Jlu

Tonopah

Motech: I'm thinking about a JLU Pentastar automatic. Are you planning on GM V8 motor swaps for that vehicle?

Last edited:

Tonopah

Not really. They might say "we're so swamped with JK work that it'll be two years before we will be interested in the JLU" -- or -- "Funny you asked, we'd LOVE to get our hands on a JLU for evaluation as soon as possible." Just thought I'd ask.

Tonopah

I have a 2015 Hard Rock Rubi 2 dr 6spd with now 75K miles on it. Some mods. Love the thing but the motor has been a real disappointment. Dealer had to replace the left head at about 30K miles, the right side camshaft/rocker arm at 40K miles, the left side camshaft/rocker arm at 60K miles and the PCM had to be replaced too. Runs fine now but just waiting for the next problem.

So, as I am thinking about a 4dr JL, and as I want to keep the 2 dr anyway, I wondered about pulling the new Pentastar from the 4 dr and dropping it in the 2dr to give me a new and hopefully better (and more powerful) motor in the 2dr -- and having Motech drop a 5.3 Gen V in the 4 door JL. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

The 4dr would be for pavement and dirt roads only so I wouldn't mod it beyond the V8 motor -- and I like the idea of the Select Trac (full time 4WD) that they apparently plan for the Sahara version. Don't know if the V8 would mate up with that tranny though.

Just thought I'd ask a few questions in this thread and see what Motech might have to say.

Top Bottom