Being a pussy and need thoughts changing tires!

JFKrubicon

Morning way of life. I'm in need of ideas for getting 35" tires off and on easily. Yes I know I could man up but I am recovering from shoulder surgery and it's a bitch trying to move anything over 5o lbs. yes I could wait but fuck it I want to work on my jeep. I looked at harbor freight for hours and could not find anything
Close. Does anybody have a tool or lift or technique that they can share to help me with my Candy ass !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdougherty81

Morning way of life. I'm in need of ideas for getting 35" tires off and on easily. Yes I know I could man up but I am recovering from shoulder surgery and it's a bitch trying to move anything over 5o lbs. yes I could wait but fuck it I want to work on my jeep. I looked at harbor freight for hours and could not find anything
Close. Does anybody have a tool or lift or technique that they can share to help me with my Candy ass !

A bar under the tire will give some leverage and will raise the wheel unto the studs.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
When ya take the tire off make sure it's only like an inch off the ground and sit on ur ass and use the top of your thighs to lift it... Thats what i did back when i had my shoulder fucked up :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Figure out how much space is needed to get the tire on the studs and put an object on the ground there. Roll the tire on that object and then line up the studs. Use a jack to raise/lower the vehicle as needed. Then just rotate tire/wheel around until it lines up and push it on.

Ddays

Hooked
Try one of these Nancy ;)

dolly.JPG

LOL seriously, I've been looking at these myself - just never pulled the trigger on the damn thing. There's a couple variations on Amazon & other shopping/automotive sites. Just Google/search 'Wheel Dolly'.
If you get one of these please post up how well they work!

Edit - As of now I use the method Sheaffadelic uses

Slimebones

Figure out how much space is needed to get the tire on the studs and put an object on the ground there. Roll the tire on that object and then line up the studs. Use a jack to raise/lower the vehicle as needed. Then just rotate tire/wheel around until it lines up and push it on.

This ^^^^^works for me. NO lifting required.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I too currently use Sheffadelic's method to preserve my injured left shoulder. Side note don't do this wearing shorts unless you really like your tread pattern on your thighs[emoji23][emoji23]

JFKrubicon

Try one of these Nancy ;)

View attachment 273577

LOL seriously, I've been looking at these myself - just never pulled the trigger on the damn thing. There's a couple variations on Amazon & other shopping/automotive sites. Just Google/search 'Wheel Dolly'.
If you get one of these please post up how well they work!

Edit - As of now I use the method Sheaffadelic uses

Thanks for the info, I just looked at this on you tube "use a tire dolly to save you back" this is what I was looking for. 165.00 is a little high. But very cool!

jesse3638

Hooked
When ya take the tire off make sure it's only like an inch off the ground and sit on ur ass and use the top of your thighs to lift it... Thats what i did back when i had my shoulder fucked up :thumb:

That's what I always do and works well for the most part. If you've ever watched a Diesel tire shop guys change tires they make it look so easy. The next question is how are you going to get the spare up onto the carrier? That is the toughest part for me when rotating my tires..haha

bigcale

Caught the Bug

I do a similar thing but I use my feet under the tire to move it around, rotate it, move it up and down etc.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
That's what I always do and works well for the most part. If you've ever watched a Diesel tire shop guys change tires they make it look so easy. The next question is how are you going to get the spare up onto the carrier? That is the toughest part for me when rotating my tires..haha

When putting my spare on I pick it up to my knee and then rest it on the bumper the re position using my knee to support it and then from there but it on. Using your knee will take all of the stress off of your body.

Top Bottom