Check Engine Light after 4x4 usage? Blinking sway bar light? Won't shift right?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Hey friends. I have been so busy with bow hunting that I did not have time to post this, in the hopes that it might help someone else out there.

My problem was that when I started my 2016 Jeep Rubicon, the check engine light was on and the automatic transmission would not shift out of 1st gear ("limp mode"). My ODBII code reader revealed a trouble code of U0414 - Invalid Data from Transfer Case Control Module. I cleared the soft code and was able to get the Jeep to run, but then when I shifted into 4 hi and/or 4 lo, the problem would return.

Took it to the dealer and they fixed it free of charge. I was advised that there was a software update for vehicles 2012 and newer, labeled update "RRT16-071" and the PCM was flashed from 99AD --> 99AF. It was explained as a more efficient and powerful engine map.

The result? The transmission shifts MUCH better and I have more power. This resulted in a gain of 1-2 MPH on the freeway, if you can believe that. We all hear stories of "stealerships" taking advantage of us, especially the poor souls who decided to upgrade their rigs even a little bit. I was sweating bullets driving RubySky in there. It all turned out amazing, I got more power and they fixed the problem. I was amazed.

I hope this might help someone who does a search and finds this very same problem and fix. Good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom