Prorock 44 Track Bar Bolt Issue

J

JKDream

Quick question before I start working on the Jeep today.
I've been having issues with my new PR and the raised trackbar bracket.
For whatever reason I cannot get the bolt to stay tight. I've replaced it and it didn't seem to solve the issue.
If I torque it to 125-130ft lbs, it goes down to ~70 ft lbs after probably 20 miles of driving.
It almost seems like the bracket is too big for the bushing, and at 125 ft lbs it isn't providing enough clamping force.
Have any of you run into this before? The hole doesn't appear to be egged out, and I don't think it even could with how thick the bracket is.
Should I just jam a washer in between the bushing? Maybe use a lock washer + nylock nut?

aermotor

Any photos? What trackbar? Have not had any issues with my PR44. Once the metal bends in to contact the trackbar, it's not going to bend itself back out really... Ideally you are using a lock nut.

J

JKDream

Any photos? What trackbar? Have not had any issues with my PR44. Once the metal bends in to contact the trackbar, it's not going to bend itself back out really... Ideally you are using a lock nut.

Synergy track bar. Newer bushings so I don't think that's the issue.
That's kind of what I'm thinking. I went and grabbed a new bolt with a lock washer & nylock nut.
Hopefully that solves the problem.

WJCO

Meme King
Take a marker or nail polish and mark the nut, bolt, and bracket once it's all tightened. If it loosens again, you'll be able to tell if the fastener is the issue or if it's something else.

JKbrick

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I went and grabbed a new bolt with a lock washer & nylock nut.

Dumb question because I've not looked at Synergy track bars but you said newer bushings, is there a crush sleeve in the bushing to tighten against?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Quick question before I start working on the Jeep today.
I've been having issues with my new PR and the raised trackbar bracket.
For whatever reason I cannot get the bolt to stay tight. I've replaced it and it didn't seem to solve the issue.
If I torque it to 125-130ft lbs, it goes down to ~70 ft lbs after probably 20 miles of driving.
It almost seems like the bracket is too big for the bushing, and at 125 ft lbs it isn't providing enough clamping force.
Have any of you run into this before? The hole doesn't appear to be egged out, and I don't think it even could with how thick the bracket is.
Should I just jam a washer in between the bushing? Maybe use a lock washer + nylock nut?

By all means, yes put a washer in there as long as the ID of said washer is correct size as internal spacer of bushing. Try to find a hardened washer for this app.

jeeeep

Hooked

is the track bar new? with or without heim joint?

I've had the older synergy track bar with heim joint and it is narrow, I had to put a washer on each side.

I think they changed the design a couple of years ago and got rid of the heim joint.

J

JKDream

Dumb question because I've not looked at Synergy track bars but you said newer bushings, is there a crush sleeve in the bushing to tighten against?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah it has the crush sleeve. I think the issue is purely the torque isn't enough to collapse the bracket onto the the sleeve hard enough.

By all means, yes put a washer in there as long as the ID of said washer is correct size as internal spacer of bushing. Try to find a hardened washer for this app.

I just tried this today, hoping it'll hold better. Also used a nylock nut with a lock washer. Overkill but whatever haha.

is the track bar new? with or without heim joint?

I've had the older synergy track bar with heim joint and it is narrow, I had to put a washer on each side.

I think they changed the design a couple of years ago and got rid of the heim joint.

It's the new style with the DDB. Tried a friends Rock Krawler TB today with the heim, and as you mentioned above the play was quite a bit worse.

Top Bottom