Suspension

Matt170wilson

Ok well I appreciate your response. I was just curious. A friend of mine has stock jk rubicon suspension and I was looking at buying it for $100

Scrambler

If I remember correctly, when I was looking at doing this to my old TJ with some springs and shocks I had laying around from a JK Rubicon, I quickly realized what a pain in the ass it would be and still would require a spacer for either the front or rear (can't remember). There are plenty of write ups on it.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
IIRC, the front coils should just fit right in. It actually is an inexpensive way to lift a TJ a few inches. Is it ideal? Not really, as the ride will be a little rough. But, if you're okay with that, again.. it's a cheap way to do a lift. The rears, however, require some modification to the top of the coils to get them to fit (or it's the other way around.. fronts require work while the rears fit perfect... can't remember). Regardless, modifying a coil is not something I wanted to do and ended up just doing something else.

nujeeper

I have the front JkU springs on mine with spacers.
They did not give mine a lift at all. The springs on mine didn't have the tags for the numbers.
Look at the numbers on the springs. You'll want the last numbers on the front springs to be 19 to make a difference. 59 on the rear springs

Top Bottom