Moving to PA

Well it looks like my work wants me to consider moving to Malvern PA. Other than rausch creek is it a friendly place to just wake up on a Saturday and go off roading?

I'll miss the Arizona trails for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Daro

Well it looks like my work wants me to consider moving to Malvern PA. Other than rausch creek is it a friendly place to just wake up on a Saturday and go off roading?

Hey so I live in Malvern. Rausch Creek is about an hour and a half from here. The only other place i know of nearby is AOAA is about half an hour further than Rausch Creek. The two are quite similar, though AOAA is a little bit smaller. Unfortunately, unlike the West Coast, you can't go off-roading in your backyard.
As for Malvern, there are a number of good restaurants, and there is a train that goes from Malvern to Philly if cities are your thing.
Welcome to PA

Andy5160

Hooked
Rausch will be just fine, I have been there many time and it always feels like the first time and it is a great group established I this area so keep your eyes open and check upcoming trips and events section .

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
It's such a shame because Pa is a really beautiful state. There are a lot of areas in the mid part of the state to explore, there's just not a lot of open areas that you can just take off on. Most of that exploring is done on roads unfortunately. :grayno:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Malvern is an amazing area! I only live a few miles away. Shit ton of amazing restaurants and things to do.

As for wheeling you have Rausch and AOAA but that's about all the legal wheeling that's around here "locally".

Ddays

Hooked
PA is a pretty state but it's no AZ especially when it comes to wheeling.

Ugh is that ever true. I know you guys have issues with the BLM out there but at least the damn land is accessible. Over here the states/timber/gas companies have all of the property tied up in leases and No Trespassing signs. Its a damn shame because we have the topography in the middle of the state that would lend itself to some outstanding trails. Instead its all off limits :grayno:

Edit: if they would just allow access to the already existing logging and gas well access roads this state would be an awesome place to wheel. I've been on a couple gas well roads that ran alongside a mountain last year and let me tell you, They rivaled a lot of the shelf roads I was on in Moab for hairyness! :eek: Very frustrating place to live in.

Last edited:

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Ugh is that ever true. I know you guys have issues with the BLM out there but at least the damn land is accessible. Over here the states/timber/gas companies have all of the property tied up in leases and No Trespassing signs. Its a damn shame because we have the topography in the middle of the state that would lend itself to some outstanding trails. Instead its all off limits :grayno:

Edit: if they would just allow access to the already existing logging and gas well access roads this state would be an awesome place to wheel. I've been on a couple gas well roads that ran alongside a mountain last year and let me tell you, They rivaled a lot of the shelf roads I was on in Moab for hairyness! :eek: Very frustrating place to live in.

I thought I've read somewhere that if you have a hunting permit you can access some of those roads in PA. Could be bs, maybe you PA guys would know.

Ddays

Hooked
I thought I've read somewhere that if you have a hunting permit you can access some of those roads in PA. Could be bs, maybe you PA guys would know.

Nah, I believe that's BS. There are a lot of access roads in the Pa Game Lands throughout the state, which are designated hunting areas (where there's usually no wildlife but that's another story). But if a road is blocked or posted as no trespassing having a hunting license doesn't allow you to drive on them.

seansheds

Sorry to derail the thread but since it's a bunch of PA guys I need some input.

So I'm from PA and moved to Cali for work back in 2012. My wife has been pushing to move back east, but now that I got a Jeep this year you know I'm gonna delay that as long as possible. The wheeling is just too good out here!

Anyway, how is it for you guys with tires sticking out past your fenders? Back in the day I got a ticket at the Carlisle truck show [emoji19] and I've heard nothing has changed. Then there's the annual inspection to deal with.

I have tentative plans to upgrade to full width Dynatrac 60's, but i could see those being an even bigger issue. The other option is I move to a more friendly state like NY or south of PA.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Top Bottom