Melted fuse box, what could cause this?

WJIN4LO

Looking in the engine bay today while installing my light bar I noticed my fuse box appears to be somewhat melted.

I can't figure out what could have caused it to happen in that corner can't see anything that has shorted out or anything. The plastic is also white so appears something has corroded it perhaps.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJIN4LO

The weird part is nothing else is melted in the area and the fuse and fuse box are not close enough to each other to burn each other without melting a bunch of other stuff in between.

Last edited:

Owen19

You might want to check your connections. A loose connection = excessive heat. Or corroded terminals, it will cause high resistance on the wires/connections and then it will heat up and melt plastic parts or worse, the wires insulation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJIN4LO

You might want to check your connections. A loose connection = excessive heat. Or corroded terminals, it will cause high resistance on the wires/connections and then it will heat up and melt plastic parts or worse, the wires insulation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
Checked over everything and it all looks fine there isn't even a mark on any of the wires in that area. Only thing I can think of is there was an issue at some point but was fixed. Will have to check in with the previous owner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom