Jeep making new noise

TomDabb

Man that is strange! I want to hear what others say. I have so much squeaks but most go away for awhile after I run it through a car wash - 2013 JKU

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like a backing plate or brake hardware clip to me. Maybe even a rock stuck between rotor and backing plate.

jknikos

Stock wheel bearings out at only 27k miles? :thinking: Probably a brake issue.I bet its a pad sitting position issue. Did you have any break job done recently? Did you wash the jeep recently?

Zeus

Mine had a bad squeak and turned out to be the axle universal. But mine was more road surface related and not speed related

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Honestly no, I took everything apart a few times,I cleaned everything up and was still there. It just quit. I believe it was coming from one of the plastic guides inside the axle tube which I could help you more but I don’t want to give you any wrong information.

Honestly no, I took everything apart a few times,I cleaned everything up and was still there. It just quit. I believe it was coming from one of the plastic guides inside the axle tube which I could help you more but I don’t want to give you any wrong information.

Interesting. I have after market axle shafts, so the guides are gone. Good luck if you keep searching. I'll reply if I find anything out; diagnosis scheduled for later this week.

Front pinion seal

Mine turned out to be the front pinion seal. I replaced it with a Mopar brand replacement and it's totally quiet now. The squeal was where the seal contacts the flange. Hope it helps.

Top Bottom