Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I installed a 10.1 inch Android head unit

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Actually you had links to your YouTube channel trying to solicit views and subscribers along with a coupon code to some vendor so you could get a kickback. Not hardly the same as a link to the unit itself.

And I deleted the links for you, you did not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I don't understand the hostility here, as I explained in the first thread, I am not getting any kickback. I realize it has the word "affiliate" in it but was told it was a coupon code. The language barrier is pretty high when dealing with the these Chinese resellers. Maybe someone is getting a kickback from it, but it certainly is not me. And that was not my intention. I thought it would save someone $20.

And yes you took the links down, but I would have if asked. You did it immediately, which is what a mod should do. But it is not like you said take them down and I refused and you did it anyway. And yes I should have read the rules and known I wasn't supposed to post that. But I had not read it, and i am sorry I did not realize it. And I haven't protested not being able to post links. My only protest was defending myself against the claim that I am profiting from this in some way.

I started a new thread in what I thought was a more appropriate section and have not tried to post any links. I posted pics and descriptions only.

I didn't even try to edit the original thread afterwards, I left my shame up for all to see. I am not spamming, I am not making any money off of these products, I am certainly not making money off of YouTube.

If anything this Seicane is costing me money because now I am looking to upgrade my amp and speakers.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Been Around the Block Sola_Christos's Avatar
    Really clean look! Nice!

"Sola Christo. Sola Fide. Sola Scriptura."

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Christos View Post
    Really clean look! Nice!

Thanks, I am so used to it that I got in my Brother in laws Jeep and it was weird seeing the smaller 6.2 Inch screen

Been Around the Block Sola_Christos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike-Mike View Post
    Thanks, I am so used to it that I got in my Brother in laws Jeep and it was weird seeing the smaller 6.2 Inch screen

I bet. I bought the Carrichs iPad mini dash kit back in March. After seeing all these 10inch screens I'm thinking I should have waited

"Sola Christo. Sola Fide. Sola Scriptura."

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Christos View Post
    I bet. I bought the Carrichs iPad mini dash kit back in March. After seeing all these 10inch screens I'm thinking I should have waited

I looked into those (or a similar product) before. I just didn't know of there were too many variables involved.

Gotta get it power, then your audio is Bluetooth or 3.5mm both of which could sound lesser. Then I would read you should not have a device with a battery in the car all the time, etc

I got an Android 6.0 unit (they have a newer 7.1 unit up now that is better, which annoys me). Shipping was $80, and it took about 11 days from Hong Kong to KY. I also paid an extra $28 to upgrade the RAM to 2GB.
    Nice install! Did you not go with the 7.0 unit that they launched recently?
    I had almost pulled a trigger on this, but ended up getting some nice shocks.. Lol.. It looks like they have the Octo Core processor setup available.. Not sure if the difference is much visible since they applications on this unit would be lesser than a phone.

Did you get the external GPS or inbuilt on this unit?
    ---
    I went to School, but I never learnt what I wanted to!!!

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrth View Post
    Nice install! Did you not go with the 7.0 unit that they launched recently?
    I had almost pulled a trigger on this, but ended up getting some nice shocks.. Lol.. It looks like they have the Octo Core processor setup available.. Not sure if the difference is much visible since they applications on this unit would be lesser than a phone.

Did you get the external GPS or inbuilt on this unit?
    Unless i just missed it, which I dont think I did, they didn't have that when I ordered mine. However it seems like the next day or two it popped up on their site.

From reading the forums, that seems like a better unit. So the thing that Joying had that was better than Seicane was the Dormancy mode. Basically it would go to sleep and draw a very low amount of power and stay dormant for about 72 hours. So basically it seemed like it was always one when you get into the Jeep. Seicane doesn't do that. They stay alive for 1 hour. So quick trip in a store, boom, right back on. Gone for 1 hour and 1 minute, going through a full 30 second boot.

now I dont have it, so I can't confirm, but I have seen many people state that the Android 7 version does have the Dormancy mode.

I don't understand the hostility here, as I explained in the first thread, I am not getting any kickback. I realize it has the word "affiliate" in it but was told it was a coupon code. The language barrier is pretty high when dealing with the these Chinese resellers. Maybe someone is getting a kickback from it, but it certainly is not me. And that was not my intention. I thought it would save someone $20.

And yes you took the links down, but I would have if asked. You did it immediately, which is what a mod should do. But it is not like you said take them down and I refused and you did it anyway. And yes I should have read the rules and known I wasn't supposed to post that. But I had not read it, and i am sorry I did not realize it. And I haven't protested not being able to post links. My only protest was defending myself against the claim that I am profiting from this in some way.

I started a new thread in what I thought was a more appropriate section and have not tried to post any links. I posted pics and descriptions only.

I didn't even try to edit the original thread afterwards, I left my shame up for all to see. I am not spamming, I am not making any money off of these products, I am certainly not making money off of YouTube.

If anything this Seicane is costing me money because now I am looking to upgrade my amp and speakers.

Nobody is being hostile lol
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

I'm soooooo close to pulling the trigger on this. Thanks for the writeup. I hadn't seen these before you mentioned it. I love the look and the fact that it's plug and play.

Quick question, how does the color of the new dash panels match the color of your OEM dash?

My last concern is the heat here in Phoenix. I'm worried that it might not survive a 120 degree summer here. Trying to decide whether to take the risk.....

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsickness View Post
    I'm soooooo close to pulling the trigger on this. Thanks for the writeup. I hadn't seen these before you mentioned it. I love the look and the fact that it's plug and play.

Quick question, how does the color of the new dash panels match the color of your OEM dash?

My last concern is the heat here in Phoenix. I'm worried that it might not survive a 120 degree summer here. Trying to decide whether to take the risk.....

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I think the color is pretty spot on, I can't really see a difference

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast