Short Control arms

jeeeep

Hooked
Have anyone had any experience with the metalcloak short control arms and TNT short control arms???

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't have experience with either but I've had the Clayton Offroad control arms on for the last 7yrs and at least 140k miles and no issues,

I'm lousy about greasing them and do it about once a year now but hadn't greased them the 1st 3yrs I had them.

I decided to take them apart to check the Johnny joint damage lack of grease in 2015 and only had to replace 2 of the bushings...not bad for the abuse they've taken.

They still continue to serve me well.

Also got in a an accident 2 yrs ago that damaged my front axle, bent the track bar, tie rod..you get the picture - the control arms were fine.

When I relayed that story to the guys from Clayton they let me know had the control arms been damaged, they would have replaced them for free. :thumb:

awdel87

I don't have experience with either but I've had the Clayton Offroad control arms on for the last 7yrs and at least 140k miles and no issues,

I'm lousy about greasing them and do it about once a year now but hadn't greased them the 1st 3yrs I had them.

I decided to take them apart to check the Johnny joint damage lack of grease in 2015 and only had to replace 2 of the bushings...not bad for the abuse they've taken.

They still continue to serve me well.

Also got in a an accident 2 yrs ago that damaged my front axle, bent the track bar, tie rod..you get the picture - the control arms were fine.

When I relayed that story to the guys from Clayton they let me know had the control arms been damaged, they would have replaced them for free. :thumb:

Awesome, I’ll keep Clayton Offroad in mind. Thanks a lot.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have anyone had any experience with the metalcloak short control arms and TNT short control arms???

Personally, I have found any control arms with Johnny Joints to work extremely well for me. Arms like Currie, EVO and the like come to mind. That being said, of the two arms you're looking at, I would personally go with the Metalcloak being that they have joints closer to Johnny Joints and that they're on both ends - this as opposed to the clevite bushings on one end and a spherical joint on the other that the TNT's have.

Top Bottom