Replacement ball joints

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hi guys new to the form! Any recommendations on the Brand of ball joints they use.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to wayalife!

Dynatrac pro steer ball joints are the best on the market but do come at a price. Totally worth it tho. I personally spent more money in replacing inferior brands after they fail in 10k miles than if I bought the dynatrac a the first time around

Tumbleweed

I have Dynatrac ones. They needed to be rebuilt after a few years and the parts were back ordered. I've since ordered spare rebuild kits to have on hand.

When those get used I think I will try Rare Parts ball joints. They are designed in such a way that the upper ball joints carry some of the load, around 25%.
http://rareparts.com/dual-load-carrying-ball-joints

Robs_Red_JK

My opinion don't go with stock ones. Like others have said dynatrac I'm sure the best. I have the alloy USA which are the same as synergy from what I've been told and they have treated me well so far for almost 2 years.

black pearl

Hooked
Another vote for dynatrac. I blew out the factory ball joints in 14000 miles, and didn't want to change them once a year. Because I make a few trips to the mall a month, I wanted something that could hold up to the curbs and parking blocks. There is a reason why people run there products in races like king of the hammer!

madstiles

I'm running Alloy USA for past 2 years and work as they should. Definitely don't use oem unless you like replacing them often.
Edit: I researched A lot of joints and they all seem to have the occasional bad review. I wanted to get prosteers but definitely out of budget and I figured for under $200 with a 5 years warranty if they do go bad after warranty they cost about the same as the rebuild kit for prosteers. My logic might be flawed but it works for me [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

aTX427

Either buy an expensive set of ball joints and replace them once or buy cheap ball joints and an expensive ball joint tool.

I have Dynatrac ones. They needed to be rebuilt after a few years and the parts were back ordered. I've since ordered spare rebuild kits to have on hand.

When those get used I think I will try Rare Parts ball joints. They are designed in such a way that the upper ball joints carry some of the load, around 25%.
http://rareparts.com/dual-load-carrying-ball-joints

I'm super curious about these! I've been seeing them around recently and I watched the videos they have and it's super interesting. Just want to see more people using and abusing them to see how they're holding up.

Top Bottom