The upcoming build of NoName

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Well I've just ordered a ton of parts for upcoming build of my 2017 Rhino Grey Rubicon. I haven’t settled on a name.

Before:

28.jpg

Below is what I've got in store for as part of Phase 1:

EVO Enforcer Pro Stage 3 - Complete

King Coil-Over shocks - Complete - modified Spring rate 250/250 Front 250/300 Rear ( May change to 200/300 rear)

Upgraded to EVO Double Throwdown

EVO Protek Skid System - Complete

Adams 1350 Front Driveshaft - Complete

LOD Shorty Destroyer Front Bumper- Complete

LOD Shorty Destroyer Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier and LED lights - Complete

Method Race Beadlock wheels - Complete

37x12.5R-17LT tires - Complete Nitto Trail Grapplers

Warn Zeon 10-S Winch - Complete

Bombshell Poison Spyder Diff covers - Complete

Phase II

SPOD Switch mgmt - Complete (I know bought this before I read up on them here)

ARB Dual On-Board Compressor - Complete

PowerTank 15lb mounted on bumper. - Complete

EVO Front Swaybar Links - Complete

Rock Krawler Pro Tie Rod - Unplanned - Complete (Bought used from a friend)

Rock Krawler Pro Draglink - Unplanned - Complete - Went with this to match Tie Rod

Adams 1350 Rear Driveshaft - Complete

Hi-Lift Jack Ultimate 48" - Complete

Evo Fender Liners - Complete

EVO Steel Fenders - Conplete

4:88 Gears with AEV Programmer - Complete (outsourced)

Changed to 5:38 gears.

EVO C Gussets welded - Complete (outsourced)

Reinforced (welded) all EVO Brackets at the axle - Complete (outsourced)

Grabars Front - Complete

Phase III

EVO Sliders - not sure which ones yet prob boat sliders

Full upgrade of Audio System - undecided

Tailgate camp table

Gas cans and mounts - rotopax?

4 point tire inflation system - Strike Force Zebra Air Command (awesomeness)

Fire extinguisher - In the jeep but not mounted

Dynomax Quiet Crawler Exhaust - Custom built from WAF Forum Thread

EVO King Air Bump stops Rear (Outsourced)

EVO King Air Bump stops Front

What else am I missing?

Phase III:

Dynatrac XD60 72" Wide Axles front and rear

Nitto Trail Grapplers 40x13.5x17

Hemi 6.4 SRT V8 Engine swap

After:

25354038_10204178902629311_8404016324622185559_n.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Getting impatient as I wait for parts to be shipped so I'm trying to get as much done in the meantime. I ran the Firestick CB Antenna cable from the CB which I mounted next to the center console. Took my time with it as following the OEM wire harness and fed the cable thru the mesh loom at the rear door for a completely seamless install. Now I'm just waiting for the LOD rear bumper w/ tire carrier and antenna mount to show up so I can finish the install. Need to read up on where to draw power from for the CB.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Its been a while since I've started my build. I've only got about 8k miles on it but I've been busy. A ton has changed since I started.

This has got to be the best sight I've ever seen, better than Christmas!!!

75.jpg

78.jpg

Started with the Rear Coilover install. Once I started cutting the nervousness melted away. I found using a Sawzall much easierto use than the cutting wheel.

68.jpg

71.jpg

More to come...

mcdesigner

Looks like your delivery guy was as excited as mine hauling a thousand pounds of Jeep goodness. I'm almost done installing my Evo coilovers and I'm the complete opposite of you with the rear install. I got tired of bent Sawzall blades and used a cutoff wheel. Looking good and I'll be following your build.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
After cutting and grinding the rear shock mounts to install the EVO RockStars it was time to install these bad boys. IMG_5621.jpg

They went in pretty easy my neighbor came by at just the right time to help me put the coilovers in. Definitely a two person job.

IMG_5625.jpg

Now time for some grinding in the front. I started off pretty conservative but after an hour or so of trying to get the coilover mount to go in I got a little more aggressive with my passes.

IMG_5627.jpg

Got the coilovers installed with the stock tires. Time for the 37s! Headed to the tire shop to get the beadlocks mounted. So exciting

IMG_5631.jpg

The local shop wouldn’t mount beadlocks so once they transfers the TPMS sensors a buddy and I mounted and torqued he rings.

IMG_5658.jpg

More to follow!! Including the first look with 37s on Rincon.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
So here she is all buttoned up and ready to hit the trails. All in all I spend about 60 hours wrenching on my rig getting it to this point. Admittedly I probably spent half that time looking for the dang tool I had just put down.

79.jpg

80.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

Since then I've gone on a few trails: Holcomb Creek, White Mountain, Ocotillo Wells, Truck Haven, Cougar Buttes and a few others always trying to take the most challenging line and push it to its limits, or rather my own limits. I've had to replace my rear driveshaft, Tie-Rod, and Draglink as a result of a few of those runs but as I tell my wife "those were stock parts and needed to be replaced anyway"

It has been an absolute blast building this rig with my own bare hands and learning along the way from many of the folks on this forum.

As Eddie would say "...with any luck, we'll see you on the trail"

TrailHunter

Hooked
Looks great man, nice job! How does it feel with the 37’s on stock 44’s with 4.10’s? Handle ok? Plenty of power on the trail? Road Manners? You plan on upgrading the axle(s)?

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Looks great man, nice job! How does it feel with the 37’s on stock 44’s with 4.10’s? Handle ok? Plenty of power on the trail? Road Manners? You plan on upgrading the axle(s)?

Thanks!!

Forgot to mention I’ve got 4.88 gears. Definitely could feel the difference between the two. Driving with 4.10s plain sucked. Lasted maybe two weeks that way. The stock 44s have a few creaks and pops that weren’t there before (I think I need to upgrade the brakes) but otherwise no issues whatsoever. Also welded all of the EVO brackets and EVO C gussets. My goal is to eventually go to 40s so once I’m ready for that I’ll upgrade the axles. (Prob Dynatrac 60/80) but that’s not going to be for some time.

Top Bottom