Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: LS swap into a 97 TJ

Nice. Any pictures of where the manifold is hitting?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Knows a Thing or Two Strodinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Nice. Any pictures of where the manifold is hitting?
    Here's the driver side. IMG_20180727_071242.jpg No clearance issues at all. And here's the passenger side. It brushes the motor mount and the ear of the manifold hits the control arm mount. IMG_20180727_071324.jpgIMG_20180727_071312.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

Quote Originally Posted by Strodinator View Post
    Here's the driver side. IMG_20180727_071242.jpg No clearance issues at all. And here's the passenger side. It brushes the motor mount and the ear of the manifold hits the control arm mount. IMG_20180727_071324.jpgIMG_20180727_071312.jpg

Looks like a grinder could address both of those issues without affecting structure. But when you torque the motor while accelerating, it may hit worse.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Knows a Thing or Two Snboarder113's Avatar
    Engine masters did a dyno test on headers. What they found, YouTube if you wanna watch, is you can beat the living shit out of a header without hurting its performance. So use a BFH and adjust it til it fits.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    Engine masters did a dyno test on headers. What they found, YouTube if you wanna watch, is you can beat the living shit out of a header without hurting its performance. So use a BFH and adjust it til it fits.

BFH got it real close. I will grind a little bit to make it fit.

If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looks like a grinder could address both of those issues without affecting structure. But when you torque the motor while accelerating, it may hit worse.
    I agree. A little grinding and I'll be happy. Kind of weird the difference on the sides though. Cheap Amazon headers will do that though. I'd rather pay 100$ and have to work to make them for rather than pay 500 from Novak and maybe have them fit perfect.

Finally getting her all put back together. I got the exhaust manifold on and the passenger side fender on. Now I can mount up the fuse box and my small power distribution center and get the last of my wiring run, wrapped, and sealed up. The engine running isn't too far off but I still need to tap the return line into the gas tank. IMG_20180809_161736%7E2.jpgIMG_20180809_161740%7E2.jpgIMG_20180809_162648%7E2.jpgIMG_20180809_162655%7E2.jpgIMG_20180809_175721%7E2.jpgIMG_20180809_175724%7E2.jpg

Also sorry for the low lighting. Power went out for a bit today.

Picked up some steel line, a double flare tool, and a brass fitting. Tonight I think I'm going to tap and run the return like to my gas tank

Quote Originally Posted by Strodinator View Post
    Picked up some steel line, a double flare tool, and a brass fitting. Tonight I think I'm going to tap and run the return like to my gas tank

Are gas lines double flare like brake lines?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast