Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: LS swap into a 97 TJ

Looks good. Anxious to see this thing installed.

Lookin great man getting closer!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block Strodinator's Avatar
    More progress today. I added some accessory drives to the motor, I.e. Water pump, alternator, and power steering pump.IMG_20171011_164442.jpg I also stripped apart the new transfer case I got. I met a guy in Vancouver who sold me an nv3550 mated to an np231 for $300. I'm seeing that I got the better end of the deal because of how clean the inside of this transfer is. IMG_20171011_175234.jpg
    Anyone have any tips on how to remove the bolt that holds the front shaft in? I've tried PB and an air gun but it just clicks out. I can't figure out how to stop the chain from spinning so I can use a breaker bar.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

Can't get the nut off of the front yoke on the transfer case... Tried lots of Pb, heat and an air gun. Nothing is working. Air gun goes to 300 ft lbs. Worried I might have to run to harbor freight tomorrow. Any thought?

If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

I know in the past before they were apart on the ones I’ve worked on that have a yoke for front and rear I’ve put a big pipe wrench on one sides yoke and then used a impact or a big cheater bar and a buddy to break it lose.

Heat then big ass breaker bar maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Strodinator View Post
    One freshly painted and cured valve cover. I absolutely hate Chevy orange that goes onto every rebuilt Chevy motor so I picked up Chrysler blue. The ford blue was really nice looking but I can't in good conscience put Ford paint on a Chevy motor.

Everyone knows orange paint adds 50 hp...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Everyone knows orange paint adds 50 hp...

Just got through reading all the way through your jk6 built, some damn good work. And I'll miss the extra performance from that orange paint 🙄. I do love the blue though.

Been Around the Block Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodinator View Post
    Can't get the nut off of the front yoke on the transfer case... Tried lots of Pb, heat and an air gun. Nothing is working. Air gun goes to 300 ft lbs. Worried I might have to run to harbor freight tomorrow. Any thought?

300 is nothing. If you’re gonna get an impact from Hf get a earthquake. The rest are underpowered trash. Breaker bar and long pipe.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast