Spotter cam

black pearl

Hooked
I just got a camera set up I was going to install, under the jeep. Now I'm not trying to replace a true spotter, for bigger obstacles. I'm just looking for a little more visual aid, when on rocky trails where a true spotter isn't really necessary.

So my question is, where have people mounted the camera? I was thinking transmission cross member.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeep670

I thought of a belly cam as well. The problem I see off the bat is that the lens will get covered in mud/dust/crap pretty fast, rendering it useless..

black pearl

Hooked
I thought of a belly cam as well. The problem I see off the bat is that the lens will get covered in mud/dust/crap pretty fast, rendering it useless..

I have the same thought also. It would take a lot of dust to make it totally useless, but one good splash of mud would. It was only 26bucks for the kit so even if it doesn't work, I'm not out to much

Frydaddy

I have been thinking about this for a while, but its pretty low on my priorities right now.

If I go this route, Im going all out and doing a Four Camera setup, and getting all the angles. (Amazon $200 http://a.co/7OJEXDa), Its the same stuff that other offroad suppliers market for over $700!

As for positions, I would probably have one front and rear, so i can see over the hood and behind me better, then probably two underneath watching the axles to see where I need to place my tires.

black pearl

Hooked
I have been thinking about this for a while, but its pretty low on my priorities right now.

If I go this route, Im going all out and doing a Four Camera setup, and getting all the angles. (Amazon $200 http://a.co/7OJEXDa), Its the same stuff that other offroad suppliers market for over $700!

As for positions, I would probably have one front and rear, so i can see over the hood and behind me better, then probably two underneath watching the axles to see where I need to place my tires.

I just put one in and I like it for the most part, I have some adjustments to make. Granted I've only been out once since I put it in. I ended up with a 170* view, mounted centered on the undercarriage

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Cool, am curious how it'll come out. I have an aftermarket head unit with 2 camera inputs. I mounted my reverse camera up last year and was planning to do something like this as well, just haven't got around to it yet.

Top Bottom