Some New JL Photos

TrailHunter

Hooked
SPIED: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Totally Uncovered
http://www.trucktrend.com/future-tr...jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-totally-uncovered/

2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-front-quarter-01.jpg

longarmwj

Saw those earlier. Honestly, I love how it looks and am seriously thinking about trading the JK in for one when they hit the floors :shock:

Ddays

Hooked
I've said it before - I'm bummed that the JL is so close in styling to the JK. It looks perfectly fine but its not 'different' enough for me. From all that we've seen so far, I think the biggest change is with the new interior.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I've said it before - I'm bummed that the JL is so close in styling to the JK. It looks perfectly fine but its not 'different' enough for me. From all that we've seen so far, I think the biggest change is with the new interior.

I bet the "JP" model will be epic!!!... In 2050.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I have to admit that the more they undress the JL and we get a better look at it, the more I have to wonder why they've been trying so hard to keep it under wraps for so long. While I like what I'm seeing, all these leaks that are meant to reveal something so amazing are leading up to a big let down.

Ddays

Hooked
I have to admit that the more they undress the JL and we get a better look at it, the more I have to wonder why they've been trying so hard to keep it under wraps for so long. While I like what I'm seeing, all these leaks that are meant to reveal something so amazing are leading up to a big let down.

Yup - exactly. With the amount of secrecy surrounding the JL you would think this was going to be an evolutionary vehicle like the JK was instead of what is turning out to be basically a refresh.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup - exactly. With the amount of secrecy surrounding the JL you would think this was going to be an evolutionary vehicle like the JK was instead of what is turning out to be basically a refresh.

That's what I'm thinking. Again, I do like what I'm seeing but really, they could have driven this thing around unwrapped a long time ago and most people wouldn't have even known it was something different. I mean hell, with all the unibrow, angry grills, hard top and soft top options, bumpers and fenders JK's are running around with now, the JL as we're seeing it could have been seen as just JK with aftermarket parts on it.

Slimebones

Agreed. It's nice though that the nostalgia/heritage is kept alive and knowing it is a Jeep coming down the road even from a distance. Very distinctive styling. I for one am glad that is intact.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Beside the subtle styling cues, I think the biggest difference is going to be the engine choices. If the diesel option is true that makes your average Jeep a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That's what I'm thinking. Again, I do like what I'm seeing but really, they could have driven this thing around unwrapped a long time ago and most people wouldn't have even known it was something different. I mean hell, with all the unibrow, angry grills, hard top and soft top options, bumpers and fenders JK's are running around with now, the JL as we're seeing it could have been seen as just JK with aftermarket parts on it.

Very true. I do have to admit that the new interior looks nice and I could see how it would appeal to a lot of folks out there. I'm not saying I don't like it but I do like the basic utilitarian aspect of the JK's. I mean I don't know how thrilled I would be to trying to horse Rock Hard Cage uprights into place in the JL all the while scratching the shit out of that nice new dash! :crazyeyes: Or taking a screwdriver to the panels like I do now and not think twice.

WJCO

Meme King

There may be a lot more to the secrecy..... My sources just sent me this picture.

2018-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-front-quarter-01.jpg

lLxCoWM.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Beside the subtle styling cues, I think the biggest difference is going to be the engine choices. If the diesel option is true that makes your average Jeep a beast.

I used to think this way too but I'm not so sure that I'd like a diesel. Honestly one of the biggest reasons would be the odor. Does anyone have any idea what this particular diesel is like as far as odor output?
Being on a trail behind a smelly vehicle plain sucks. My daughter and I had to follow an old beat up, out of tune CJ5 around on a trail this Summer and honestly about a quarter mile in I almost told her to punt that fucker off the damn trail. We were both nauseous and she ended up stopping and letting him get out in front of us far enough so we couldn't smell it. I personally don't want to go through that again, especially all day with a group. I would think the new diesels aren't that way but still...

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I used to think this way too but I'm not so sure that I'd like a diesel. Honestly one of the biggest reasons would be the odor. Does anyone have any idea what this particular diesel is like as far as odor output?
Being on a trail behind a smelly vehicle plain sucks. My daughter and I had to follow an old beat up, out of tune CJ5 around on a trail this Summer and honestly about a quarter mile in I almost told her to punt that fucker off the damn trail. We were both nauseous and she ended up stopping and letting him get out in front of us far enough so we couldn't smell it. I personally don't want to go through that again, especially all day with a group. I would think the new diesels aren't that way but still...

New Diesel engines are not like that anymore. The emissions in diesels is so much better now, and with the DEF additive they burn even cleaner. They're better running, lasting engines and of course way better low end torque.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Trying to build buzz around something completely unbuzzworthy.

WJIN4LO

New Diesel engines are not like that anymore. The emissions in diesels is so much better now, and with the DEF additive they burn even cleaner. They're better running, lasting engines and of course way better low end torque.

I had a diesel JK when I was living in Australia and I loved it, I would take the turbo diesel over the petrol any day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom