Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Hard Rock Rubicon Build

This weekend I'll be getting ready for some small upgrades/mods.

First up is using Eddie's writeup to extend the axle breather tubes. I ordered 25 ft of fuel line from amazon, which should be more than enough for the axles, transfer case, and autotrans.

Also - I installed LED bulbs in my main headlights but haven't been too happy with the beam they throw. I got some halo led units with DRL, as well as new foglights and turn signals. The small parts/items I need to do the breathers and lights should arrive tomorrow which is just in time for the weekend.

One thing I learned while researching how to install the DRL units was the indexing screws to alter vertical and horizontal throw of the headlights themselves. That's a good thing, because I've gotten quite a few fingers raised my way from the cars in front of me due to my headlights pointing at the trees.

Just picked up two new items, an Autovox X1 rearview mirror camera, and some Dynatrac progrips.

I got into a pretty bad wreck last year and decided I need a dashcam to help protect myself. This dashcam has a forward and rear cam with loop recording in HD, and also displays the rear cam full time in a streaming mode. I also live in a busy urban environment and this cam provides nice assurance that when I start backing up nobody is around me. WIth a 35" tire in the rear, there is not a ton of visibility out the back to check for crosswalks/street parking/stupid bird/lime scooters that zip in and out everywhere.

Here is one of the reviews I watched prior to buying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6jXtCtzBgM

I've never been too happy with my factory brakes after going 35s. Emergency stops are pretty scary and if family drives the vehicle they struggle with the amount of distance they need to keep between them and the car in front. Progrips seem like the obvious solution, and I'll be installing them shortly and having my tires rebalanced afterwards.

Sweet rig!
    I am saving up for a double din unit so I can add a rear camera. Post up your results, I'll be in the market soon!

Thank you!

Tomorrow I should be picking my jeep up from the shop. New long arms and brakes - I wish I did some testing on the factory brakes to have some numbers to compare with afterwards.

Here are some pics of the camera/LCD review mirror. IMO these are a must for people with 35" and up tires, and are honestly good piece of mind for the recording and visibility.

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

Synergy Long arms / Pro Grips / Accu-tune Valving

Here are the latest updates.

Synergy long arms have been installed, with approximately 400 miles on them. I was a little bouncy at first and it turns out my front swaybar was missing a bolt to the end - so I was disconnected. After a retorque of the suspension and fixing the swaybar the rig rode quite a bit smoother.

The new brakes are IMO a must, whether you use ProGrips like I did, or some other kit, running 35s and armor with factory brakes is not a desirable setup by any means. Braking requires little foot effort, is predictable, and stops effortlessly.

Now, I found out my rear coilovers were set to only 1" of uptravel which explains why my ride in the rear was extremely harsh - partly due to preload and partly due to extremely low nitrogen pressures. I took my rig to Accu-Tune Offroad which is about 2 hours away from me for a street / medium whoop tune if you could call it that. I told them everything that was wrong with my ride (which I did not know about the low uptravel at the time) and they took care of the rest. I picked the rig up the same day and let me say, WOW!, I am a firm believer in having your suspension tuned to the weight of your vehicle and driving habits. I float on highways, absorb the potholes with ease, and can high speed washed out / washboard roads.

There are only a couple things left on my build, a sprintex stage 2 and a winch, which most likely I will get to next year.

I have some pictures, but for whatever reason they keep uploading upside down. Even when I save them upside down.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12