Bedliner in TJ tub

Jranso04

I plan on taking out the carpet in my TJ and putting bedliner of some sort in its place. I just wanted to know what anyone thought was the best bedliner or bedliner type paint to put inside. I don't want it to chip or really even fade that much so I figured I'd ask around to see what people thought has been the best.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Look around the forum. We have tons of threads on this. Youll get lots of opinions. I myself did Herculiner brush-on on 2 vehicles because it was cheap. No fading on the first one we did several years ago but others here have had fading issues. I personally don't think Herculiner is the best looking compared to others, but for around 150 bucks, the price can't be beat.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've done Herculiner in the past and if you have the means to spray it in, the results can look about as good as any professional bedliner. I personally like the feel and texture of it best but should note that it's initial glossy and lustrous black will fade. Not really the end of the world but it should be noted.

With that said, if you can spray, I might recommend Raptor Liner. I have done this in the past as well and while I'm not as fond of the feel of it, the look is just a good and it won't fade.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I've done Herculiner in the past and if you have the means to spray it in, the results can look about as good as any professional bedliner. I personally like the feel and texture of it best but should note that it's initial glossy and lustrous black will fade. Not really the end of the world but it should be noted.

With that said, if you can spray, I might recommend Raptor Liner. I have done this in the past as well and while I'm not as fond of the feel of it, the look is just a good and it won't fade.
Definitely Raptor Liner if spraying is more your Forte. I did roll on Herculiner for my tub and while it was great, Rolling it on I think allowed for less even of a coat and I already know I have to touch it up when I repaint the Jeep soon. Great texture for Herculiner though, and it bonds to itself so it's pretty easy to touch up anyways.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
I think this thread finally convinced me to rid myself of carpet and go down to the original hardwood... Errr... To get the Herculiner and spray the inside of the tub. I've worn a hole with my work boots into both the rubber mat and the carpet, and I'm now starting to wear the paint away on the floorboard. I'm thinking I'll put the Berliner inside, and buy another set of rubber mats.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

lrb6805

Monstaliner seems to be your best bet for lining the tubs. Out of all the options people say, monstaliner will come out the thickest (~40mils) than the others. The thickness will help with heat and sound deadening. Also it doesn’t have rubber particles mixed in and is a bit smoother so it’ll be easier to clean rather than dirt gettin caught in all the pours. You can either spray or roll it on

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom