Great Sand Dunes N.P then trails into Ouray

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
well since I can't make it along for the Texas Exodus and I do want to get into this area in general and explore I am gonna head up on the morning of the 30th . I wont make it in till later that night and plan to roam around until the 5th or 6th of Oct.
so for all you guys like me that can't make the Exodus or are local to area , or just want to get away for that week like myself ......... let's do it

catahoula

Caught the Bug
When you turn off to take the stretch to the dunes there is a trail to the right just off the road. You can see a sign there. I believe someone told me it was the hardest t in Colorado. I never went on it. I am sure you are aware there is a trail from the GSD's that goes north.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
will be heading up north from there not sure if thats the same trail i am seeing on the site map or not .. but there are connecting trails/roads all the way across and into Ouray will be mapping out my route this week and next as i most likely gonna run some things in ok / ark this wknd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
yea that's one to start it then pass onto muddy creek , but the next one called rainbow shows as atv only so going to need to rethink the route overall as that was the one that took me north 100 miles along the edge of the wilderness area before turning towards Ouray .... gonna be a lot of homework for this one for sure to figure out the route across and over while staying as much off blacktop as I can ...

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Changed my mind gonna hit Moab .... so if anyones gonna be in the area next week and wanna meet up /join up on a trail or 2 or 3 .. let me know .. am also haulin my canoe along to do a bit of paddlin on the river

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom