Thread: CB question

CB question

Had a CB installed and they put the antenna near my high lift steel jack. Anyone know if this interferes?
    IMG_4119.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It shouldn't be an issue at short range line of sight. Even if that firestick were mounted on top of your roof with 360 unobstructed, you wouldn't do much better than short range line of sight.

If you haven't, you should get a tuner and dial it in as best as you can. If you have a hard time tuning it make sure the excess antenna wire isn't coiled up, it needs to be spread out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kenthejeepguy View Post
    Had a CB installed and they put the antenna near my high lift steel jack. Anyone know if this interferes?
    IMG_4119.JPG
    Yea, short range is ok, But that giant ground rod right beside the antenna, especially in the same emitting plane as the antenna, is a short recipe for a really bad signal. What you have there is the worst possible situation, short of mounting it inside a metal box, or mounting it halfway below the tub, effectively halving its emitting length.

Honestly, you're set up is going to work fine for talking to small groups of Jeeps going down the trail, highway, etc. Is it optimal? No, not really... but it'll work. Just tune it and make sure your SWRs stay at or below 1 and you'll be fine. Good luck
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Same Set up

I have the same set up on my two door. I tunned it but still couldn't get the level exactly where I wanted it, however still works fine. Like said above, isnt the greatest thing in the world but does its job. I have hear people say they can hear the fire stick bouncing off the high-lift so sometimes its hard to people to hear but still works.

Thanks, y'all. You have confirmed my suspicions. It is only for on-trail use and I'll replace with a 10' whip if I need to. Sure as heck should be way better than hand-held walkie-talkies which are a joke in the mountains!