Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Shops in Northern Wisconsin or the UP

Help! Shops in Northern Wisconsin or the UP

Any wayalifers out there know of a shop that'll balance beadlocks in Northern Wisconsin or the UP? My alternative is balance beads, which coming from MTRs can't be much worse, but still not ideal.

Thanks dudes!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Don’t know of any in particular, but I suggest you try an independent. It’s been my experience that they are more willing to work with customers that might have special needs vs chains that have policies. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ZachJKUR View Post
    Any wayalifers out there know of a shop that'll balance beadlocks in Northern Wisconsin or the UP? My alternative is balance beads, which coming from MTRs can't be much worse, but still not ideal.

Thanks dudes!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Don't waste any time with those damn beads - they do not work. Even though there are numerous threads & posts here saying they're garbage, I tried them because I couldn't find anyone that would balance mine when they started to wear after initial install. Did absolutely nothing except waste my time remounting the goddam rings.

I’ve still had the best luck with Discount Tire. It may take them a few tries, but they’ve always been able to balance my BFG KM2s

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Don't waste any time with those damn beads - they do not work. Even though there are numerous threads & posts here saying they're garbage, I tried them because I couldn't find anyone that would balance mine when they started to wear after initial install. Did absolutely nothing except waste my time remounting the goddam rings.
    That was my impression. Its more of a last resort if I cant find a shop that'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I’ve still had the best luck with Discount Tire. It may take them a few tries, but they’ve always been able to balance my BFG KM2s
    I called and they said is company policy that they can't do beadlocks, besides - the closest one is about 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Don’t know of any in particular, but I suggest you try an independent. It’s been my experience that they are more willing to work with customers that might have special needs vs chains that have policies. Good luck!
    So far I have had no luck but still looking. Thanks!

[QUOTE=ZachJKUR;1171720]I called and they said is company policy that they can't do beadlocks, besides - the closest one is about 2 hours.

So far I have had no luck but still looking. Thanks![\QUOTE]

They won’t mount the bead locks , but they will balance them. You’ll have to mount them and bring them to them for balancing. That may be common in a lot of shops.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by ZachJKUR View Post
    That was my impression. Its more of a last resort if I cant find a shop that'll do it.
    It shouldn't even be a consideration - they do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post

They won’t mount the bead locks , but they will balance them. You’ll have to mount them and bring them to them for balancing. That may be common in a lot of shops.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Maybe yours does but the majority do not. I used to get mine done there but about 2 years ago they cracked down hard. I even got to know one of the managers there who said he would totally do it but would get if trouble if he got caught.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    I know discount tire locations in Austin won’t mount beadlocks. I had to buy my tires from them but have them mounted and balanced at independent shop.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Some shops may be more apt to balance beadlocks if you bring them in off of the vehicle. In CA where most beadlocks are not street legal the large chain stores won't even bolt them on the vehicle for liability reasons.

When I worked in a tire shop we were aloud to get away with things like mounting bald tires or damaged rims for people who claimed they were for ranch trailers, farm implements or race cars that were not being used on public roads which was usually legitimate. Tell them they are going on your Ultra4 race buggy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast