Strength of auto in the JK

alpinhi

I am looking to buy a JKUR. I plan on running 35's, adding bumpers, and all that fun stuff. My wife and I have been talking about getting a pop up camper to haul around behind it also. I am worried about how a auto would hold up the mods and a camper behind it. Has anyone had issue's with their auto's? If I end up with one I plan on adding a cooler to and probably a temp gauge also. Im going to try to get a manual but they are few and far between around here it seems like. Any advice or info would be great.
Thanks

jeeeep

Hooked
i have a 2010 auto,trans cooler, performance coil and wires, CAI, Superchips performance tune, 3.5: lift, 35's, 4:88 gears - I tow a 5x8 enclosed trailer loaded, also a camper trailer during the summers, no issues. I do lock out the OD when I'm towing and keep maintenance on trans and diff's sooner than scehduled only because I tow quite a bit, added trans cooler since many of my trips take me thru the rockies...watch your weight limits and depends on how hard you push it. I have about 70000 miles and no issues.

Jeeper_2010

2011 JKU here. I'm around 25,000 on mine. I tow my boat, work trailer, and I've always got too much stuff in the back. I've never had a problem with my auto.

Top Bottom