Traction control on immediately when in 4L

DanJK2007

Newbie here. I have an 07 Wrangler, lifted. Anytime I switch to 4L, my traction control light immediately comes on along with my 4W light? Any insight? It doesn't do it when in 4H? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Newbie here. I have an 07 Wrangler, lifted. Anytime I switch to 4L, my traction control light immediately comes on along with my 4W light? Any insight? It doesn't do it when in 4H? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to WAYALIFE 👋 stop by and give us a wave.

When you put your Jeep into 4 Low it automatically turns the traction control system off. 4 high it does not do this

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's never fully disable but the light will come on. It's totally normal as mentioned

Frydaddy

Is that why even in 4 Low the traction control still freaks out every now and then? Or maybe it's just me LOL

there is a way to bypass all that traction control stuff. If you ever need it to be completely off, Take apart your center console and splice a switch to the Purple wire with the Light Blue stripe. Leave the switch ON when on the highway, then flip it OFF when on the trail.

(Disclaimer: Only to be disabled when on the trail)

IMG_20170226_115321854.jpg

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
there is a way to bypass all that traction control stuff. If you ever need it to be completely off, Take apart your center console and splice a switch to the Purple wire with the Light Blue stripe. Leave the switch ON when on the highway, then flip it OFF when on the trail.

View attachment 275887

That is very good to know thank you.! I love the disclaimer LOL

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

View attachment 275887

Not sure why you would want to fully disable to traction control when on the trail. The TC kicking in helps so much if your wheeling without lockers on your rig or without them engaged. It acts as a limited slip which is very helpful

madstiles

View attachment 275887
Or pull the pump fuse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

Not sure why you would want to fully disable to traction control when on the trail. The TC kicking in helps so much if your wheeling without lockers on your rig or without them engaged. It acts as a limited slip which is very helpful

I said IF ...
evil%20snicker.gif

Or pull the pump fuse
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Doesnt that kill ABS too? And something else I dont remember.

jknikos

Disabling your electronics totally will disable your bld (braking lock differential) too. Bld acts as a lsd and will provide a lot of help if you dont have lockers.

Sent from my LG-D855 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom