Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can I try doing next to cool this 4.7HO down?

Quote Originally Posted by WJIN4LO View Post
    Will the hydrocarbon test have shown a positive? That one came back clean.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    No. Hydrocarbon test will only show a leak from the cylinder into the cooling system

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Automatic transmission? If so, does the transmission cooling line run through the radiator? My 99 XJ would overheat frequently when climbing trails or grades because the transmission fluid was getting hot and subsequently heating up the coolant. Since I dont live in a cold climate I decided to bypass the radiator all together and run a B&M transmission cooler. The only reason the transmission runs through the radiator is to warm up the fluid when it's cold, which is something I don't need where I live. Hope that helps...

Fresh Catch
    What yr wj do u have? The reason i ask is as far as i know all 4.7HO came with a hyd fan that is run by the power steering pump
    WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12